summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

first day of school....wah me!!!

I know I look happy in this picture...the tears waited until that big yellow bus drove away with my baby on it.

Camille Anaya and I...wah, she is not big enough for kindergarten!!

!
Camille, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire...the Second Trip kids....

The First Trip kids...Samuel 17, Margaret 15, Kathryn 14, Evelyn 13, Suzanne 11, and Sonja 10.

But I am not home alone...no, I have Suri the pup, and Mama Kitty and these lovely lil kittens...and of course our big boy kitty who is King Of The Deck, General Thunder.

Joseph is here today too, his class is already over and he is home. So I am not alone.

Why do I feel so bereft then?

She still sucks her thumb, Miss Camille.

She talks like a baby when she gets nervous.

I reminded her that she can't wait 'til the last minute if she has to use the bathroom, told her to say, "use the bathroom", not just yell, "I have to go poop!". I told her to wipe well, then use lots of soap to wash her hands. Then Char told her that Mrs. Brown only allows two pumps of soap. Poor Camille, she looked like she had so much to remember.

I didn't just stay home and wallow. I went to the small city with my sister, to stock up on bananas and romaine and plums and chicken and burger and cheese and eggs and milk and spinach and bread and some folders for kids who still needed them.

Home again....Joe is in his room, the kittens are sleeping in a pile on the floor, Suri is napping...and here I sit. The sink is full of dishes, the laundry is ready to be changed over, and the garbage has to be taken out.

Our trip to Ottowa was wonderful. My heart is full of good things. I realize that no matter what happens, God does not make mistakes. Even when I feel like I get no respect. When I am overlooked. Poor me, can't do anything right. SO WHAT!!!! Big deal. It doesn't matter! When I seek to please men, I cannot be a servant of God! (Gal. 1 ver.10)

I am really encouraged to be a good example here at home.

And now, I am going to get out of my comfy chair and get that stuff out of the dryer....









3 comments:

Martha said...

You can always come and visit me. :)

Anonymous said...

not sure if my earlier comment went through so will try again.
1. You look AMAZING!!!
2. NOT an easy day and I can imagine how you feel
3. However, seeing that every cloud has a silver lining - you will delight in Camille's new skills of reading, writing etc and you may even start to enjoy the few hours of quiet during the day ;)

Anonymous said...

How did Camille like her first day of school? How did you make it at home without her? They all look precious getting ready to go on the bus. My baby is in his first year of college. The time goes by much too fast.
Jeanette