summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 21, 2012

quick friday post....

Quick because I am leaving in just a few minutes to go shopping with my brother Bob. We have to get stuff for the church grill for the soccer weekend. Gatorade and soda and water and and and. I already bought most of the candy, it is sitting here all stacked up.

Five of my kids play soccer this year, Margaret 15, Kathryn 14, Evelyn 13, Suzanne 11, and Sonja 10, my Five-Little-Girls-In-A-Row-In-Five-Years.

I am staying in the camper with them at the church grounds tonight. Just the five of them and me. The little girls are somewhat broken hearted, and I feel bad. I am thinking they don't take up much room, we should just bring them too...but on the other hand, it changes things so much to have them there and I really sense a need for time with my five girls.

I guess I just feel kind of guilty this morn because we ran out of bread, and the younger kids had to buy their lunches, and I had no ice cream money for them. They are allowed to buy it on Fridays...oops. I told them I would go to the bank and get some money for them to have at the candy store at the soccer tournament tomorrow.

The scale stayed down this morning, which was nice. Sometimes when I see a wonderful number, it goes away and doesn't come back for a while.

As much as I would like to sit here and ramble this morning, I need to get ready. I have thirteen minutes to brush my long tangly hair, finish my oatmeal, brush my teeth, put coffee in a travel mug, grab an apple and some nuts to ward off any thoughts of fast food today, fill a water bottle, and change my clothes and use the bathroom and take Suri out. Dang, now only twelve minutes...

No comments: