summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

just to clarify something....

My teenagers do not drive me crazy. Most of the time. Honestly, most of the time it is good. They are funny and fun and mostly respectful, and they love the little ones.

Yesterday, however, I did put my foot down about one thing: when I have to talk to someone about something, no butting in. I had a younger child having a second after- school snack, right before dinner. As I was straightening this out, an older child had much to say about it. So I ended up in a discussion with her about something that was seriously none of her concern. I talked to most of the older kids last evening, and told them to speak to me privately later if they question the way I handle a situation, but they are absolutely not allowed to contradict me, especially in front of the younger kids. Now, I do not like rules, but sometimes...they are necessary.

Well, for once in my life I don't know what to write about! Not much happening today, I guess. All nine school kids got on the bus, but Jonathan almost didn't. I waited for the bus with them with Suri, but it was chilly and I didn't grab my sweater, so I told them Goodbye and I Love You, and went back in. Jon came bursting in the door in tears..."I forgot to do my spelling packet!"....oh dang. Now, when my kid is gone for almost 8 hours, gone from home, my nice little boy who is always so good in school...and he gets no play time because he forgot to do something. rrrrr. He asked me to pick him up early, before playtime. Hmm, I might just do that.

Mirielle and Aaron are still here this fine overcast morning. The lamps are on, and it is cozy. I actually have socks on. And I am distracted. We are talking about going to Washington state to visit Benjamin. They might go in the winter, and Paul and I are going to be there when he gets off the plane from Afghanistan...we hope to visit some of our friends from out that way when we are there, too.

And yes, I am distracted...

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Any chance you might swing by BC??

Anonymous said...

Hi thre, I don't know you, but have been reading your blog for quite some time now. I just love that yo write about everyday things, that you don't try to make everything sound super wonderful, that there are never any problems in your world. It makes it so much better to read when it's real and truthful. I live in Ontario, Canada, and am the mother of two teenage boys. I don't know how you do it with that many, there are days when two feels like I'm going crazy!! Just wanted to pass on some words of encouragement from one ok to another. I think your weightless efforts at to be congratulated as well. You try, every day. What more cn someone ask for! God Bless!!