summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 27, 2012

kitties and puppies and...poop

I don't change diapers anymore. But I do still clean up messes. I will spare the details, but I started this bright and shiny morning by stepping in a surprise right next to the kittens' litter box.

The two remaining kittens are nuts. They chase and swat and jump and twirl, and run right over Suri. Suri looks at them with interest, sniffs them, licks them, and wags her tail with happiness when they come over to her. She is napping, ahem, on the couch, with one eye open, looking at me as if to say, "can you believe how crazy they are?"...

Okay, I know what you're thinking. About who the crazy one is.

Kittens are so much fun though. The way they wrestle and snuggle and pounce....they can be full of the devil one minute, then snuggled up sleeping the next.

My two little princesses are home from school again today. I didn't even think Charlotte Claire was really that sick when I let her stay home yesterday, just a little bit hoarse. But by afternoon, both of them were cuddled on the couch like a couple of kittens, with fevers. I told them right then that they weren't going to school today, and they cheered. They are awake now in their bedroom, playing quietly. I hear a croup-y sounding cough from Camille, and Char's hoarse whisper.

Like I said before, I don't like seeing them sick....but I DO like having them home.

I took the opportunity to point out to Paul that it's a good thing I didn't start college or get a job, because who would watch sick kids for me this week? Besides, sick kids need their mommies, AND, mommies need their sick kids.

It's always good to justify one's stay-at-home status. I wouldn't want anyone to think I just stay home with the puppy and kittens and toot around all day doing nothing. ha. (did I ever mention how amazing and glorious it is to do absolutely nothing once in a while after all these years of being SO busy?!)

Tonight is Open House at the school, for the elementary kids. Jon, Char, and Camille were so excited to show me their classrooms and introduce their teachers. Now it looks like the girls will have to stay here...wah. And, Paul is busy tonight with cleaning at church, wah. I don't like going places without him all the time. But at least I can talk to who I want for as long as I want without him looking at his watch. ha.

Today I hate the scale. Hate it. Yesterday I saw a new low number, a number that I haven't seen on a scale for over two decades. Today: two point two pounds higher. I guess the pumpkin muffins I finally made the other day caught up with me. I ain't gonna 'fess up about how many I scarfed down because: I am not sure. I know it was more than three, but I am pretty sure it was less than five. I figured they would haunt me less if I just aet them and got it over with. The bad part? They were so stinkin' good it should be against the law. I just want to make them again!!!! One box of vanilla cake mix, I stirred one egg into half a 30 ounce can of pumpkin, mixed that into the cake mix with some spices, and voila! Instant weight gain!

I also have to renew my vow to keep my hand out of the big bag of Nestle chocolate chips.

I eat so well, then do things like that. ouch.

The other day, for example, I had a low-fat, sugarless yogurt. Instead of just sprinkling it with sliced almonds, I stirred those almonds up with a packed of Stevia and some cinnamon in a frying pan with just a few drops of water. Yum. Then yesterday I stirred sliced almonds up with some real bacon bits in the frying pan, and added them to my raw spinach and green peppers. Sometimes I slice a pear up in my spinach...yum.

Dinner last night: oven roasted hot sausage with green peppers and onions...Mirielle's homemade spaghetti sauce from our garden tomatoes...whole wheat pasta, which I skipped, green beans, brown rice...which I had only a tablespoon of, mixed with my green beans.

I did have a fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonald's yesterday, 150 calories. With my free coffee. Our local McD's is giving out free coffee through the 29th of September. I took the two little girls to the drive-through after Camille's dr. appt. yesterday, let them get parfaits. Three bucks, and the coffee was really good. Especially for free.

The girls are up now...nothing like little girls in snuggly blanket sleepers, dragging out their blankets and settling down for a cozy day at home...

I have plans to clean out and organize some kitchen cupboards so I can be more efficient when shopping. I want to try to plan meals better, too. We are spending way too much money on groceries. We want to eat healthy, nutritious food, but I need to re-consider how we are doing things. Part of my Justify-My-Stay-At-Home-Status Plan is to spend less money....if I am not earning money, at least I can work on spending less. More coupons, more planning, perhaps making more things from scratch....

The bad puppy is sleeping on the couch, and the girls just covered her up with a pink silky blanket.

Suri has many names. The boys simply call her, "Bill"...or "Dr. Zaius".

Camille is not sick enough anymore to just lie on the couch. She is setting up a nice room for Suri, complete with a piano and a baby for Suri to take care of.

Well, it's that time. Time to get moving. When my fingers start to linger uncertainly over the keyboard and my thoughts turn to what needs to be done instead of what to write about, it's time to say goodbye to my comfy chair and be on my way....













































































2 comments:

Melanie L said...

I remember one week at my Weight Watchers meeting, being so disappointed... I worked really hard that week, watching points & exercising, and I only lost 1/4 pound. So I left the meeting and got a quarter pounder with cheese, and put it back on. Well, not all of it...that's 1/4 pound BEFORE cooking! ;=)

Tereza said...

How many calories do u eat?