summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

a few nice pictures...

Benjamin, Paul, and I at Panda Express near Seattle....

Paul with Ben...

Just Ben...

Ashley didn't want to be in the pictures. Because I think she did not want to be in the picture anymore. So I am sad about that...again.

So today I feel a little like this picture I took of the Puget Sound on that rainy day...isn't it a desolate scene?

And that's all I am going to say tonight. I am tired. We had a safe trip, but flying all night while normal people sleep is not fun, well...I lie. It was fun for me. I didn't sleep on the plane. I watched other people put on their Complimentary Sleep Masks, and pop in their Complimentary Ear Plugs, and conk. But I stayed up and watched the tv screen of the kid in the row in front of me, I thought about things, I considered how much of my Complimentary Diet Coke I should drink because I was sitting next to a sound asleep little hairy guy with smudgy glasses, and I didn't want to wake him up to go use the bathroom. But I had to anyway, even though I wasted half a can of Diet Coke with my extreme caution. He jumped up immediately when I tapped his shoulder, murmuring how he was sorry...I don't know what he was sorry for, but he settled right back to sleep while I was enjoying the engineering marvel that makes up those tiny airplane bathrooms(and yes I know the pee didn't really fall out onto Minnesota)...I had to tap him again to get back into my seat...he was sorry again, too.

Anyway, I have had a busy day...we got into New York at dawn, into our city around nine...then home for a small snooze. Then hurry hurry to three dentist appointments. Then hurry home for dinner, and to four parent teacher conferences.

Good thing the kids are doing excellently in school, and their teachers love them. And, the nice thing was the teachers know we have been gone and that we flew in this morning. I didn't have to hide my dazed looks when the teachers referred to the various homework packets and assignments...because, yawn, We Have Been Gone.

Good thing though: Camille's teacher said she looked fine each morning. So Joseph did better than I thought he would....

I am tired and am rambling...goodnight!!!











No comments: