summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 16, 2012

pictures from washington

We think the snow must get pretty deep here if the orange poles are so high....


This is for Margaret...and Mirielle...they are just a bit for equal rights for women.

Snow in my sandals...




Paul looks tiny standing out in the dry riverbed...it floods in the spring...

Giant mossy trees at the base of the mountain...


We had such a nice time on our adventure to the mountain. On the way back to the hotel, we spotted a store that had lots of cheap apples for sale outside in the rain. As we pulled into the parking lot, one of the girls from home called to say she didn't do ANYTHING, and her sister bit her. After sorting that out with her, I talked to the sister, the alledged biter. She only bit her sister's sweater, she insisted! And her sister deserved it for hitting her so hard! Now, the first sister did not hit second sister, first sister insisted. I asked to speak to Margaret. She said she was sorry, but she was not aware the situation was happening until it was over with. I cannot sort this out from out here, dear, please do what you can to keep the peace. I told each of the girls to just help out and be nice and not fight.

Then Abigail called...she was taking the kids to the pool! The other older kids are working at the Dome for the Zack Brown concert. I hate not being home. Although I love being here.

We haven't seen Ben and Ashley today. He had to go to base, he only had 48 hours off. Ashley didn't want to go mountain-seeing with us.

Cindy...email me sometime at dellamom16@yahoo.com If you would! I have so many worries about Ben right now. I am happy to be here, but so very concerned. My Mama Radar is really beeping.

Anyway, the store we stopped at for apples turned out to be THE STORE I want to steal and bring back to New York. It was so cheap! We got mixed lettuces for 99 cents, apples for 68 cents a pound, there was cheap Easter candy. Lots of cheap stuff. We bought some gum, and a bag of olive oil kettle chips, I know, dangerous.

We then stopped at Winco, for the ...ha, fourth time...and got another whole roasted $3.99 chicken. We had it for a late lunch with peppers and tomatoes and lettuce and some of those chips.

I think we are going to go down to the pool for a swim now...










No comments: