summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 26, 2012

today is the first day...

of the rest of your life. I don't know who gets credit for this phrase, I vote my mother does. I heard it so much growing up, I didn't even think about it. But that was my thought this morning as I stepped on the scale. Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't gained tons of weight back or anything, but I AM 3 pounds heavier than the lightest weight I had gotten to. So it's Back To Business.

No more pie.

Sam wants me to bake cookies. Um, no.

Exercise, every day.

All of the sudden, it's Christmas-time. It was snowing out like crazy this morning, and as I waited for the bus with the little kids outside, shivering, I told them we can decorate the house soon. I have lots of shopping to do. I didn't end up getting much when we went out on Black Friday. So we are going to let the older kids pick something out online, within reason. Today is Cyber Monday, so I plan to be searching for some deals.

It is a busy time of the year. Tonight I have to go to court with Mali about that accident several months ago. Her last court date was cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy. The kids also have band and choir and chorus practices for our upcoming Christmas Feast in Ottowa. Several of them will be driving up there this weekend for a practice. I am not in any of the musical groups, because I love my friends. I cannot sing. I make mySELF wince when I do. I do not know my notes. Seriously. And I am not discriminating, when I think something is off, it is REALLY off. Anyway, this week is busy with things night after night.

But. Paul said some magical words last night...words that I do not want to get too excited about because we don't know yet if we can swing it yet. But. He said, "Punta Cana". In December. Oh joy, I can't even think of anything else right now! I have things to do, rooms to clean, places to go...but I just want to go online and look at places. Cheap places, of course. Sunny warm cheap places, all-inclusive places. The beaches in Punta Cana...long white sandy beaches...oh dear. I DO wish I could take the whole family. Sort of. But. Oh my, I am so excited. I hope it works out...

In the meantime, we need food here, again. Good, healthy, nutritious food. Chicken and veggies. Price Chopper has the whole bone-in breasts for a buck a pound. Also some beef for $2.48 a pound. Perhaps I will make a weekly menu one of these days, and maybe even a chore chart...Punta Cana. Ha, that's what my thoughts are like.

So....off I go to do some work around here. I have had much encouragement this past weekend, we went to a couples' conference...so I am encouraged to stand before God in all that I do. To humble myself, not get offended by things. Keep the peace in our home by being a sacrifice inwardly. Sounds torturous, but it reaps blessings abundantly.

Yesterday we worked at the Dome, so I missed Day Two of the conference. wah. But someone has to do it, we have a relatively small group and are very fortunate to have landed the concession work at the Dome. I personally think going there and being with all my friends, mostly the youth, from church, is worth it. I see their enthusiastic faces, and it makes me happy.

Punta Cana. I want to jump up and down and say, Make It Work!!!! Because...around here, Paul and I cannot have a single conversation without all the Momming and Dadding and very important questions being asked of us. Ha, that's obviously not the total reason I am excited. Sand, sun, relaxation...ahh. I have my little fingers crossed.








4 comments:

Grace said...

Punta Cana is the best! We've been there several times and are going again in April. We always go all inclusive... it's expensive for us since we live so far away but we love it. We usually stay at the Grand Palladium.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

You crack me up. I literally just LOL while reading.

You know, Destin Florida has some white sandy beaches, although I can not primise you warm at this time of year lol. It is close to me though lol. ;-)

I can not believe you have snow. I was going to say maybe they will cancel court again, but then I remembered it is the north and they do not cancel for snow, unlike Tennessee where they cancel if they see a single flake lol.

Take pictures of the snow will you? I will take pictures of my kids in shorts ;-) I think it will be 60's and 70's all week lol. Dinner? Over rated lol. No one told me we had to feed the kids too??? I think they left that out of the parent handbook they gave me. Shoot me an email when you are free. Oh wait, you are like me, never free...shoot me an email when you ummmmm can sneak away?

16 blessings'mom said...

Grace, perhaps we will see you there! You never know. Now that I have it in my head to go, it is hard to let it go. We really liked Jamaica better than Punta Cana because the people there are different, happier, more laid back. But we like the ocean and beach better in the D.R., and for us it is quite a bit cheaper. Cindy, I shall write that email...

Grace said...

Punta Cana is a 7-8 hour flight for us. But I hope we do see you there! (we are from BC Canada).