summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 25, 2012

thanksgiving pie, how I hate thee....

You look so good, you smell even better. Your crust melts in my mouth with it's buttery crunch. The tartness of the apples with the cinnamon make me want to cut another little slice. As Aaron says, it is good to have an apple pie on the counter so one can just take a piece of apple every time one walks by. And pumpkin pie, how I hate thee...with your spicy creamy richness...coconut cream, I cannot resist your charms...

Pies, I hate thee. I am glad you are all gone for the year. I shall not make you again until next year, when I am hopefully like fifty pounds lighter....and I have much better self-control.

Aaah, Christmas is coming. I dread the the yumminess the season brings. I was thinking a few weeks ago that I don't mind the holidays, I shall just be strict with myself. I can do this. But. ha. Self-control, where did you go? Having a piece of pie is like a snowball rolling down a hill for me. I forgot I was such a hungry thing. I am remembering now.

So. I know the Christmas season (notice I did not say, "Holiday Season"? I am an American, I have rights. I reserve the right to say, "Christmas"!!!)Anyway, I know that there will be temptations. So. Starting tomorrow, I am going to behave myself. More than behave. Work really really hard.

I just wanted to check in and let you all know I am alive and well.

2 comments:

noelle said...

It's such a slippery slope! One thing that works for me...sometimes...is to drink a HUGE glass of water and then have 1 yummy treat. My belly is full and I get to indulge. But I'm so full of water that I can only eat a little...Best of luck to you this holiday season. Remember that it's a journey and you have come so far.

baristamom said...

Was hoping you were alive & well, so thanks for checking in! I love the pies, the left over convenience of not having to cook breakfast the next day. But I understand what you mean! I made a few pumpkin custards with just the filling in ramikins so I don't have the extra calories of the crust. Quite delicious! Thinking of you often!