summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 12, 2012

that moment when I realize....

I do not have to get up this morning! There is no school! Yay. But could I fall back to sleep? Not a chance! I was excited about our trip to Washington as soon as I realized that it was Monday and we leave tomorrow morning! Yay!!!

Benjamin is probably going to get there before Paul and I. He and Ashley will then pick us up at the airport. I wanted it to be the other way around, with us being there when he arrived, but this works too.

Another monkey wrench in the monkey wrench pile: Joseph got a job, starting tomorrow. He is our primary babysitter, so now no one can be sick and stay home from school! He will still be able to get them ready and on the bus, which is causing me just a teeny tiny bit of apprehension, to be honest. Joseph brushing little girls' hair? I can just picture them going out the door with high heels on and sweaters with sleeves too short. And messy hair.

I am too excited to focus. It's not a trip to Jamaica, the weather looks lousy. Fifty-ish degrees, cloudy, rainy...blah. But. I am not going for the weather, and I am just so excited. I am sure Paul and I will have a nice time, too.

Sorry, I cannot focus. Oh, Kathy...my email is dellamom16@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Della, I m so excited for you! Welcome home Ben! I know you want to be there, but with things being rocky between Ashley and Ben,it might be good for them to be alone when he gets off that plain.

It alwys makes me happy to hear of soldiers coming home. I am so happy for your family. Plese tell Ben welcome home from one military family to another.

mommeeof10 said...

I wish I could have slept late, but my kids have school today. We had last Monday and Tuesday off, instead. They vote in the schools here, so close schools in our county on election day. Monday they had a teachers in service day, no school for kids.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful he is finally coming home safe! Changed, yes, but safe.
Wishing you a fantastic trip to go meet him!

FLmom7 said...

So exciting! Have a safe, fun trip and please tell Ben thank you for his service.