summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 18, 2012

last day in washington...

This comfy hotel is starting to feel like home, after waking up here five mornings. We have certainly made ourselves at home. Our 'fridge has oranges and green peppers and fresh spinach and chicken in it. We have paper plates and paper towels and a few bottles of diet soda. And what's left of a bag of dark Guittard chocolate chips. Oh yeah, have to have my chocolate.

Our hotel breakfast hasn't been the greatest, the only sources of protein being yogurt, hard boiled eggs (yuck) and little packages of peanut butter that taste too sugary to actually be healthy. This morning I just said The Heck With It and had a small almond danish with peanut butter on the side. And a yogurt. And, two cups of Seattle's Best coffee.

We went to Winco four times while here, to keep stocked up on our healthy food. After visiting Ben and Ashley at their apartment last night though, we decided to stop at Subway. A five dollar sub with Buffalo sauce on it...yum.

The Puget Sound....we went to Defiance Park to see it. In the rain. The trees there look almost fake, with their brilliant green moss cover, and just their sheer size!


Anyway, we are checking out of our new little home in a few hours, then we have over nine hours 'til our flight leaves. We are leaving at night, taking the red eye, arriving in New York City in the wee hours of the morning, then taking a short flight home. I guess I should figure out who will be picking us up at the airport.

I just realized we came all the way to the west coast and didn't see the ocean, so I am asking Paul if we can please see how far it is and take a drive...

On another note, I miss my kids. There are a few families here, and when I see the kids, I just want to talk to them. One family has four little ones, and when that mama scooped up the little toddler, I was almost jealous. I want one more. just one. I thought I was okay with being done with that phase of my life, but apparently there is still something that makes me tear up and feel longing when I see babies. Then I feel guilty for being so greedy. I have been more than blessed. I know that. And I am very thankful for my family.

Okay...time to pack up...I have stuff flung all around the room, yes it looks like home in here.





4 comments:

Sherah said...

I had that SAME feeling yesterday at the youth conf - Sonja Janz-Moderie brought her absolutely ADORABLE chubby 6 month old and he had fallen asleep in her arms as she was walking. Oh my. Melt in your arms sleepy baby. And my baby isn't even 1 year old yet!! I'm already getting wistful about the tiny baby stage that has passed and gone.

Anonymous said...

I think you either have that really soft spot for babies and young kids or you don't. If you do, it stays with you, I definitely feel the same and it somehow comforts me that you still have it after all your blessings.
Have a safe trip home.

Martha said...

What a blessing to travel to Washington and see your soldier. It will make the holidays extra special this year.

Tereza said...

You were only 3 hours from my house!!!!