summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 2, 2012

friday!!!!

A rainy chilly Friday, more than chilly. Cold. I waited for the bus with the kids this morning, and brrr! A perfect day to stay home and putter around the house. But no, I shall not be doing that today. We need groceries. Milk and yogurt and pears and cheese and and and.

So far, I have no one to go with. I feel sorry for myself. Kim can't go because she has to drive one of her kids somewhere, Cheryl the same. Joseph politely declined, and all the other kids are at college or school. wah.

Yesterday, Sonja K., Suri, and I went out and about. First stop, the post office. I checked first to make sure I had either money, or my credit card. No cash, but....wait, no card either! Dang it! Joseph had put gas in the van for me and forgot to give it back. I had to go to the bank and cash a check. Getting my permanent crown on was no picnic. No novocaine, when he tugged off the temporary crown, ouch!!! And of course getting the area sprayed and air-dried hurt like the devil. The assistant said it was Natural for it to hurt like that. I said having a baby is Natural too. So on goes the permanent crown. But we weren't done yet. No, the dentist has to yank and floss between, adjust, take it off and smack it back on a few more times, just to make if fit right. I thought we were all done, and I was reaching to unclip my bib, but no sir, he still had to glue it in place. blah.

Anyway, I am now crowned with a new crown, which looks so real the only way I know it is the fake tooth is because there is no filling in it.

Since I had just Sonja with me, I took her to Marshalls to look for a new shirt or sweater. We didn't find anything except a clearanced Halloween costume, a $5.50 kimono for Charlotte Claire. She will get it for Christmas, they love dressing up.

Sonja was a little bummed. She wanted to go to Chinese, or to McDonald's. I did not. Money, calories. So I turned towards home. She was not thrilled. She was a bit snotty to me when I told her we could eat lunch at home, and she could have some of her candy for dessert. So I didn't appreciate her attitude, nor her tone. I told her so. She responded by not responding. She pulled her hood over her head and curled up on the seat. 10 years old going on 15. I drove, and thought about it. I realized she was disapointed to be heading home, so I sort of understood why she was the way she was. I still don't like the way she was being, but. I patted her on the back, she inched away. dang. I don't like spending special days off like this! So I drove and thought. Then I pulled in to the place that has soft home made pumpkin ice cream. She started to perk up when she peeked from under her hood to where I had pulled in. She apologized real quick, and we got on with our fun day.

Do I even have to mention how yummy the ice cream was? It was lunch. And afternoon snack, combined. Worth every calorie. I talked a bit to Sonja as we enjoyed our cones. It was all good...

Home to clean up the place a little, then exercise, and get ready to go to the Dome....

Samuel informed me as I huffed and puffed up the Evil-ist Hill to the Evil Stairs to the Dome, that his Criminal Justice patch HAD to be sewn on after we got home. It had to be on by Friday. What the? Seriously? Yup. So...after the Dome...home to sew. He did warn me that this patch was twice the size of the American Flag patch I sewed on the other sleeve last week for him...oh man. It took me a while.

Bedtime was too late.

But Samuel's uniform is all neat and ironed, with the patch sewed on properly.

And today, the guilt for eating that ice cream is knocking at my brain.

But. I have not had even one piece of candy from Halloween. Not a one.

At the Dome, Paul and I poured beer, which was actually quite fun. Try working together with your husband on something like that...we rubbed elbows a bit (he tries to do everything himself)...we had a nice time though. It was busy, we poured for a few hours straight. There were six different kinds, plus five kinds of wine. We didn't run the cash registers, just took the orders and filled the cups.

Anyway. When we were done, we got food vouchers, three free items. I got two coneys (white spicy hot dogs), and a big box of Reese's Pieces. I ate one coney, without the bun. Took a few bites out of the second one. Thought about opening the candy. Ate a pear instead. Brought the candy and the rest of the coney home. Looked at the candy box. Three hundred calories. Nah. Didn't open it. Threw away the coney. Victory. For me, anyway.

And now that I have rambled away the morning, I have to move it. I am picking the little kids up from school early, so I have to hurry on out the door for those groceries...all by my lonesome....
































No comments: