summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 1, 2012

hurry hurry hurry...

I hate being in a hurry. I hate running late, running out the door, feeling frustrated because I forgot something in my hurry. That's why I like my computer time, sitting here with my feet up, not a care in the world. ha.

I have to get out of this comfy chair soon. I have to go to the post office and overnight mail the key to Ben and Ashley's storage facility to the apartment complex manager so it will be there when Ashley gets there. I then have to go to the dreaded dentist to get my permanent crown on that molar I broke by biting an almond. Then, this afternoon: a basketball game at the Dome. phew.

Not to mention there are piles of laundry fighting to go first into the washer. Hmm, what's more important, towels or darks? I hate for Jon to run low on jeans. And the lights, we can't run out of undies. And then there is the pile of bedding...blah.

I washed up lots of dishes, swept the floors, picked up some odds and ends. So in a few minutes I will brush my tangly hair, get the storage keys to mail, and leave.

Halloween night was quite fun. Abigail went with us...us being Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille. Joseph and Samuel went with some of the boys from church, but we saw them in the neighborhood.(one of the boys was dressed as a stop sign...they have had the sign in their garage forever, apparently. Sam was a sniper, with a real Gilly suit on, Joseph had a button down shirt and tie, and lab coat = mad scientist. Why a mad one? His hair.) Anyway, we had fun. We stopped at the fire department first and the kids got flashlights and cider and cookies, and treat bags with apples in them, plus candy. I just had an apple, but it was really good.

We chose a nice neighborhood in the suburbs...a really nice on. The houses...oh, I told Abigail, why don't we have a house like this? Why do these people need so much room? Anyway, the kids were enjoying their night. It wasn't too chilly, and it didn't really rain, just sprinkle. One lady commented on the large group, and Kathryn said it was all one family (ha, HALF a family), and the lady said to Kap, "Oh, they're all your kids?" She got a kick out of that..Kathryn who was dressed as A-Rod, one of the Yankees.

Camille pooped out first, which I had expected. I went back for the van while Abigail waited with her and the other kids went to a few more house. When she got in the van, she had to go pee, so we had to cut our night a bit shorter than the older kids would have liked, but they were okay with it.

Evelyn called home and told Mirielle we were heading there, and could she please put some pizzas in the oven (frozen Freschettas), and light the candles in the jack-o-lanterns? The kids had time to dump their bags and have some pizza before they had to head to bed.

I didn't have any candy. That's because I ate like twenty chips while we sat in the van waiting for the older kids to finish their trick-or-treating. Abigail had them, salt and pepper kettle chips. I said No Thanks. Then my poor tummy growled, that apple seemed to make me more hungry...so I had one. big mistake. Anyway, I also had a few very small pieces of pizza with my chicken when we got home...rrr.

Sonja is home today. Supposedly not feeling well. She keeps offering me the stuff she doesn't want. Crunch bar, Mom? Not even a Reese's Fast break, Mom? You don't even eat M&M's, Mom? SONJA, please stop. It is not funny!!! I want all that stuff!!! But as we can see with the chips...I can't always stop at one.

So. To the dentist I go. Have I mentioned how much I hate going to the dentist?






























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you for the dentist....just horrible! Good luck!
Glad you are all safe up there..