summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 14, 2014

all sunshine and roses...

and rainbows and puppies. Not. I know, I live the charmed life. I often wonder what I muttered about before I heard of the twitter hashtag, "#firstworldprobs". Because seriously, the little things that bug me? Oh, our water is so hard and yucky after all that good hotel water. (in the hot shower washing my hair with Herbal Essence shampoo. poor me). Kathryn stole the washer before I even got in the door from our trip, and these sandy towels have to go in. The dogs woke me up at 6:30 am to go out. There are coffee grounds in the coffee, and I already added half and half and feel obligated to drink it. No one took care of the pool while I was gone, so all the progress I was making towards that sparkling clear pool...ugh.

poor poor me. Paul drove the whole way home. I offered to drive, but he said he didn't mind. I didn't mind either, I feel really self conscious when I drive with him, probably because he sighs and says things like, "We'll never get there."

Samuel has a weekend pass, so he can use his phone, and leave the base, finally, after being there since the beginning of February. He was on his way to I HOP this morning, in a taxi with 6 other guys, so of course I told him I hoped no one farted, to which he replied, "real mature, Ma.", to which I replied, "I forgot to tell you, I grew up while you were gone. Not. "

So he gets to be re-tested on Wednesday, which means if he passes, he graduates on Friday. Which means that if he passes, I have to jump in the car real quick and drive real quick, and get to Georgia by Thursday, so I can be awake on Friday morning to see him graduate. That means I will have to be sort of packed, with sort of a plan for the rest of the kids, with a crew of older kids willing to help with the drive....and if he doesn't pass, he will get re-tested next week. It's a good thing I am already a nail-biter! No lovely nails to ruin here! Sam says he won't get chaptered out of the Army just because of push-ups when he did everything else so well. I wonder if it has anything to do with the mess in Iraq, but I'm just sayin'. He says he will still get his post in Virginia. Oh the drama. And this is just with the one kid. :)

We have to leave in just a few minutes for our church conference, there are still teenagers in bed, and I have to pack us a lunch....

No comments: