summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

no more pencils, no more books

The last day of school for these little princesses, finally!!!

Today I went out and about with seven of my kids....Sonja K., Kappy Sue (aka Kathryn), Jonathan, Suze, Margaret, and of course Charlotte Claire and Camille. Evelyn was with Emily, Abigail at work, Mirielle sleeping because she works nights, Joseph doing artwork, Aaron probably sleeping, Benjamin out in Washington in the Army, and Samuel in Georgia in the Army, and Mali...starting her new job in a few days, just finished school...

So today I picked the little girls up from school, they only had a half day for the last day. We went to McDonalds, I behaved and ate two fries, a fruit parfait and three chicken nuggets. And some coffee. Then to the toy store because Charlotte Claire had a $3 coupon...apparently a few months ago she asked me when we could go and redeem it, and I said, "When school's out." This is a prime example of how smart kids actually are. They do not forget these things. Anyway, we got a few neat things there,like a toy broom, which Camille really wanted, but mostly had fun. The older girls Fake Begged for huge stuffed animals, the younger ones got in all the motorized cars. I had asked the older ones to be patient in there, but they went beyond that and actually enjoyed themselves. Oh, and I got 16 chocolate bars, 2 ounce Russell Stover, "It's A Boy" bars, for 24 cents each. :) No, we aren't having a baby. But hey, it's chocolate!

We then went to the dreaded mall because I had a coupon for Old Navy. While I was in there, Mali called me and asked me if I was going to her Pinning Ceremony for Nursing School. Um, I thought it was later tonight?! Nope, 4 o'clock. Bad Mom Award! There was NO WAY I could make it. I felt terrible, but she said it was fine. It wasn't fine. oops. Anyway, I bought a tank top and a shirt for myself, new sneakers for next year for the princesses, a few shirts for them, a t-shirt and flip-flops for Jonathan, flip-flops for Cam, a few shirts for Margaret, a few for Suze, and one for Kathryn...for $67. ouch. I didn't want to spend that much.

Next, BJ's, the warehouse store, for Activity Club End-of-year party stuff. And, some chicken, kale, and Oreos for us.

Home...ah home.

The youth kids (12 and up) are all preparing for their camping trip this weekend. They found out tonight that the campground doesn't have nearby bathrooms, you have to drive 2 miles. There must be latrines in the woods. Some of the girls aren't thrilled, but they'll survive.

They came home all happy from their party, the little girls had showers, we watched some old Bugs Bunny, then Kathryn and Suzanne invited the little girls to sleep in their room and watch Harry Potter. Oh, the Nocturnal Children of Summer starts again!

I had better get to bed soon too. The puppies will still want to go out in the morning, so I don't imagine I will get to sleep in much...figures, no more babies, but dogs that need me:)

1 comment:

Martha said...

My friend Emma will be joining me a few more days this summer than I had expected. No more buses till September though. Hannah, on the other hand, will continue to plug away at school. One day it will all be done and behind her.