1. go to the beach at least 5 times. I have already gone twice, but not with the little kids so I won't count the Virginia trip.
2. Go camping. In tents, with at least 14 or 13 or 12 of the kids. And Paul. And the two dogs.
3. NOT go for ice cream. :)
4. Strawberry picking.
5. Blueberry picking.
6. Lose ten pounds.
7. Drive to Georgia to pick up Samuel when he passes that PT tests and gets the okay to take leave and get out of there.
8. Read tons of books.
9. Exercise every single day!
10. Take fun day excursions to some places we have never been before...perhaps Sylvan Beach.
11. Take the kids to Cape Cod with Mirielle to that beach she was so taken with.
12. The park with the scooters and bikes.
13. Lose another 10 pounds.
14. Not go for ice cream.
15. Keep up with the garden and not waste any fresh yummy stuff.
16. Get together with my sister, whom I never see anymore.
17. Keep my teenage girls busy, and interested in the world around them.
19. When Sam is home on leave, float around in the pool with him and have a yummy relaxing beverage. If you are one of Sam's
superior officers, of course I am talking about Diet Coke.
20. Enjoy the moments. Truly savor them.
21. Invest time and energy in my marriage to my handsome husband. Husbands need lots of positive attention.
22. Not focus on housework. It will be hard, but I think I may be able to break away from it here and there.
23. GO OUTSIDE!
24. Not go out and about as much, maybe do late night grocery shopping so I don't use all the days in stores.
25. Go to the drive-in with lots of kids.
And of course all the usual, less nagging, more patience, be a better listener....
Anyway, I am so so so glad for summer!!!!!! I love it. I don't like to keep track of what day it is. Oh, the blissful days of no commitments, spontaneous plans...adventures! I hope I never get to old too realize that it won't ever be like I envision it at the beginning...
Today: A doctor's appointment for Kathryn, paying the car insurance (this time for sure!), sending Jonathan's tablet in for repair, getting copies of the end of the year test results for Jonathan and Kathryn, going on my walk that I missed this morning because of the rain, not that I would melt, but it was really pouring for a little while.
Tomorrow: last day of school!!!! It's a half day, and I am picking the princesses up. We are going out and about, then home in time to get them to their end-of-the-year Activity Club party at church.
Yesterday we libraried, (ha, good verbing skills I have), so I read a Simon and Annie story to the girls while they ate their oatmeal this morning. I have a few books calling my name, too. I would like to crawl into bed this fine rainy morning and read...hmmm....