summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 6, 2014

friday evening breather....

Just a little break here, we are going to the firemen's parade in the village in a half hour. The youngest 8 kids are going with me, seven daughters and one Jonathan. Today Evelyn and I went out and about to get the oil changed in the van for our trip next week, to the carwash to vacuum it out, to the grocery store for some burger and strawberries and peppers and plums and eggs and half and half. And some new nail polish for Evelyn. Then to the dollar store so she could buy some more plants. A fill up at the gas station, and...oh wait, two different Dunkin Donuts! We stopped for coffee, and found out it was...free donut day! I do not eat donuts anymore, but some of my kids do. I asked for two chocolate glazed, and oh it kills me to even type those words. The girl gave me two regular glazed, they were free, but still....I mentioned sheepishly that I had asked for chocolate ones. She said to keep the glazed, and gave me the two chocolate ones. Great. I had to drive around all afternoon with four donuts in the van, plus the chocolate frosted bavarian cream and the pink frosted with sprinkles we picked up at the other D.D. when we needed more coffee. Evelyn ate one, then there were five. dang. I did not have one. I did ask Ev to break off a tiny taste, and oh dear, yup, it was as good as I thought it would be. I need to just move out, and live by myself in a cave somewhere.

Anyway. We had chicken and cut up fruit for dinner, watermelon and cantaloupe and strawberries. The kids also had pasta salad. I took out a few olives and tomatoes, and left it alone.

I simply cannot mess around with things like chocolate, or peanut M&M's anymore. When my strictness melts into a little bit of permissiveness, watch out.

So off we go to the parade....daddy is working tonight, so it is just me...and lots of kids.

No comments: