summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 14, 2014

first world probs #salvation

What is salvation? Is it a one time deal, where we ask Jesus to forgive our sin, then just go on our merry way? Just go and do what we want, then ask for forgiveness again, because hey, no one's perfect? Nope. Not me. I totally believe that Jesus came to earth for a reason, and it was to open a way for us to follow. A way to victory.

Each and every little problem, whether I joke about them or not, is a testing of faith, really. Because it isn't really the "problem" that's the issue, is it? It is the sin that the "problem" stirs up in me. Am I tempted to get angry? To blame someone? To get even? To complain? No one sees when I chalk up something against someone. But seriously, if I were to keep doing that, what would be the result? Would it be pure love and fellowship? No sir. It would be bitterness. Hatred. Very bad stuff.

What is my point? Well, I guess that I need to get much more serious about my spiritual life. I cannot worry about offending anyone. I have to be bold, to live for God, and not care about what anyone thinks of me. I have to be free from that.

I am not ending my blog. I will still write. But, I will write honestly, about my journey through this life focusing more on what is my true heart's desire, which is to follow Jesus and be an overcomer, to be a helper to those who are sick and tired of being bound to their sin.

brunstad.org has some really good articles. I will still write about my daily life, about my battles....and you are still welcome to follow along!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will stay with you! :)

Holly L

Glenda said...

I will follow you as well. We prayed for your family tonight, as usual. And hoping things are ok.

Glenda

16 blessings'mom said...

:) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to comment and say I follow your blog too. Love reading about your large family. You are an inspiration!

Kim M. from PA