summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 7, 2012

happy kids here...

Today is Getting The Christmas Tree Day. The little kids have ferried most of the decorations up the stairs all by themselves. They didn't just leave the boxes there on the floor while they patiently waited for the tree. Nope. Camille has decorated one of the lamps with all sorts of stuff. The have been going through stuff and playing Ornament Store.

I don't feel the greatest, but there is a thing I call Feeling Sick Because The Kids Are Sick. I just feel tired, a bit achy, not terrible, but not great. Every once in a while I will feel awful and be certain I am sick, then I will be fine. So I am keeping a low-profile here this morning. I put some bedding in the wash, swept the floor, gave the kids breakfast, and here I sit. I know I should hang the stockings, do the dishwasher, maybe make some cookies with them. But blah.

Paul is out deer hunting this fine cold morning. In a way I hope he gets one so he will stop going, but honestly: I am not a big fan of venison. When we were newly married, we ate it that first winter. In chili, steaks, ribs. We were broke. He had these huge student loans, a baby, a car payment, ect. So it was fantastic to have all that meat. Now I am more spoiled. But I am also thrifty enough to not want to waste it if we have it. So I kind of hope he doesn't get one. But I also love him, and would like to see him experience that joy that shooting a deer seems to bring.

My girls are now playing Going Shopping. I have been around the block a few times, so I know that means Big Mess. It involves grocery bags. I think they are shopping for books. Yesterday they went on an Airplane Trip, and believe me, when I saw that they had taken all those nice school clothes off the hangers in the laundry room and packed them into their little suitcases and backpacks as I headed out the door to the Dome, rrr!

And now Evelyn is up and asking me to make her some breakfast. That's a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can and make jerky and sausage out of our venison. I am not a big fan but I do like it prepared these ways.