summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

movie night with the big kids....

It's hard to get enough sleep around here for someone as nosey as me. I do not like to miss anything. So I stay up with the high school kids who are done with high school for the year, and the college kids who are done with college. They sleep in as long as they please, and I get up early to get the other kids ready for school.

Today was a Running Around Day. From the pool to the 3rd grade picnic to driving to and from state tests to picking Sam up from his orientation for his summer job at the school....busy. Dinner was good: roasted chicken, small potatoes with pepper and olive oil, zucchini, and broccoli. The oven was too high, or perhaps the chicken was just in there for too long, because it burned. But we ate it anyway, it tasted like chicken jerky.

Since I am so nice, I am letting Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille sleep in my room tonight. They are all tucked in and quiet, I read two chapters of, "Little House On The Prairie" to them while they were all cuddled in. Then they said their prayers and we talked...

Now the small kids are sleeping, and the older kids are home from the youth meeting. Mirielle has gone to town for a movie from Redbox. I can tell this is going to be a fun summer:)

Trying not to eat when these guys eat their fourth meal of the day is proving to be very difficult. There is cheese on chips being eaten, chocolate pizzelles, sandwiches....and now the bag of peanut butter M&M's. And the movie hasn't even started yet. I think I will put a piece of mint gum in my mouth. rrr.

I listed three things on ebay tonight, finally. We are fundraising for church.

Never a dull moment, I tell you.

Paul is very busy in Lousiana. He worked until midnight last night and is very busy tonight too. I guess he isn't doing much sightseeing.

Oh dang, now they have ice cream out.

No fair.

And now I shall go switch loads of laundry and find some gum.

No comments: