summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 20, 2013

seriously, you never know when you open your eyes in the morning...what the day is going to bring...

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was that I needn't get up! It's vacation! I thought of going to the pool, I thought of going on a walk...then I decided I would go on the hike Mirielle was going on, take the little girls, and join the older kids on that hike. I was pretty happy with that decision, getting ready to leave the comfy bed to get ready, when Jonathan knocked on my bedroom door. He had the phone, and was saying, "My mom is right here." I raised my brows, and he shook his head. He didn't know who it was. Well, it was Mali's supervisor from McDonalds, her summer job, calling to say that she had fainted at work and was taken by ambulance to the big hospital in the big city...okay.

Time to get out of bed, time to change my plans. I packed fruit, almonds, granola bars quick, and grabbed some coffee and a water bottle. Off I went down the highway, hoping it was nothing, and trying not to be too bummed about the change in plans.

Man plans, God laughs. Life happens. It isn't doing what we like that makes us happy, but being thankful for all things no matter what, that makes us happy. So I had lots of to think about as I drove towards the hospital. I tried not to worry, but found myself gripping that steering wheel. I don't care for city driving no matter what, and cruising towards the emergency department can make anyone nervous.

She is fine. We aren't sure why she fainted. Her heart does have an extra little beat, but she has had that all checked out thoroughly a few years back. Her sugar levels were fine, blood pressure a bit low, and oxygen levels at only 86%. She just broke out in a sweat, and down she went. She has had a terrible work schedule, and probably hasn't been eating so wonderfully healthy. So I am not going to worry about it, not too much anyway.

She was discharged....and we drove toward McD's so she could get her car.

We stopped for ice cream, and I got it all down the front of a nice new shirt.

I had to button my sweater all up when I stopped to get gas so the people at the gas station wouldn't know I had ice cream.

Home...lovely sunny day. Margaret was making cupcakes with the princesses.

Yesterday, we went to the beach. Sunshine and cool-ish weather, just lovely. I do love summer.

And here is a picture I stole from Mali's facebook, she wished me a Happy Mother's Day....

Kathryn Grace 4, Evelyn Joy 2 1/2, Suzanne Eleanor 15 months...Sonja Kathleen newborn.

Now, I am off to search out something to make for dinner....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The child sitting on the chair in front of you looks like your little Camille!

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, she does! That's Suzanne. Oh, those days were so difficult at times, but they went by too fast and if I could do it all over again, I would....

Tereza said...

You take your change of plans so well!!!! Those kinda of things make me feel like I can NEVER enjoy having a plan:( glad she is ok though! Weird that she just fainted!