summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 15, 2013

home on a sunny summer day....

Aah, sitting here in my comfy chair while the sun shines and the day passes by. This morning I woke to Miss Camille barging into my room to tell me that Char pushed her because she didn't want to play Barbies. Okay, okay, I'm up. Also, Mom, she said, Suri peed in the living room. ugh. Okay.

I walked with Suri this morning. She has a ways to go in learning not to tug on the leash, but it is hopeful, she gets the idea, to walk with the leash slack between us...but she finds these wonderful things to suddenly lunge after and sniff, and places she just HAS to pee in....she does not leave my arm aching like Miss Rosie The Bad Sheepdog did...oh, that pulling tugging sheepdog, I miss her and her horrible ways.

After sweeping and cleaning up messes and doing some laundry, feeding some kids, eating my own breakfast, I finally sat in my comfy chair. I see a basket of clean clothes on the couch, and two suitcases still half unpacked. The popcorn bowls from last night are still on the coffee table. But now there is talk about going on an adventure...perhaps a library trip, to get an Audrey Hepburn movie for Waffle Night. The summer is drawing to a close, and we have lots of things left on that summer list....next week is going to be jam packed, crossing things off like going to our friends' pool, rollerblading at the park on the lake (I will just walk, thank you), and perhaps the museum in the small city if it rains, and have Iced Coffee Day. Evelyn's birthday is on Wednesday, so we will celebrate that in style. She wants to go see a movie that comes out that day.

So now we shall head to the library....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love how you see an adventure where others could simply describe it as "just another trip to the library". Sure makes for a wonderful attitude and a fun mum!