summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 16, 2013

off to germany....

Not me. Paul. Tomorrow morning, bright and early. For two weeks. I am not too jealous. Well, I wasn't until I found out he was traveling with a co-worker. A co-worker he jokingly referred to as, "Traveling Buddy", which is from a movie we saw a while back. I didn't mind that he referred to her so jokingly and rather fondly, but I found the fact that she is a HER...rather disconcerting. I trust him. I am not REALLY bothered. Just a little bothered. He does this thing sometimes where he gets the point of what I am trying to say, then waves away the rest of what I am saying, he got the point and doesn't want the boring details. Sometimes. Not always. But I hate it. I thought of him traveling with his Traveling Buddy, and doing that to her when she explained something in too much detail. Ha, as if. No fair. Am I a huge witch with a capital, "B" or what?

I really do trust him. I love him. He loves me. Why then am I a teeny bit jealous? Because here I am at home, living a boring life, trying to keep things going around here, yawn, and he is going on this fun trip overseas. wah.

Now, we all know my life is not really that boring. Why just today I went to Save-A-Lot and bought 12 frozen chicken pot pies and two Red Baron pizzas! I frequently work at the baseball stadium for church fundraisers, so it's nice to have convenient and fun food for the kids left at home, so they don't mind as much that I am gone. As if, ha, they love being the bosses and having me not here sometimes.

Anyway. I wish I had a fabulous and exciting career and could be hopping on a jet to Germany in the morning, but alas, I will be dropping Paul off at the airport, taking Suri for a walk, sweeping the floor, and planning the rest of our summer.

I am heading in to work out as soon as I am done writing here. I have successfully procrastinated the things I have to do today....researching some fundraising numbers for an article for the church, writing a few letters of intent to homeschool two of our kids.

Joseph, Aaron, and Samuel are gone for the weekend on a boys' youth camping trip. Aaron planned the menu, bought the food, and prepared some of it. They will be eating well. Barbequed pulled pork for dinner, eggs and sausage for breakfast, chicken fajitas for dinner tomorrow night. Stuff for s'mores, granola bars and juice for snacks.

But anyway. The girls, (Mirielle, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne) will be going over to Emily and Abigail's house tonight for fellowship. Jonathan is with my niece Katie at Olive Garden. The little girls are playing Duplos with their cousin William, Linnea was here for a while but has gone home now.

I cut up a watermelon, a cantaloupe, and added some grapes, so we could have some yummy healthy fruit in the 'fridge. Well. One of the kids picked up one of the containers with one hand, plonk, it spilled all over the table.

See, my life is exciting!!!

And now, I am off to exercise before it gets too close to dinner time and I reason that I don't have time.....










7 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

DELLA!!! Yes, I am yelling at you. But in a what-in-the-world kind of way, not a mean way. You just glossed right on over the homeschool thing. No details or anything. That is super exciting stuff so c'mon, please spill the details in a post very soon. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Okay, sorry! Kathryn, my 15 year old, is going to homeschool for the rest of high school. Her reasons for wanting to are good ones, so we are going for it. The other child is Jonathan. He is going into fourth grade....and I will give details of the reasons in a future post. If it works out, we will be re-considering our options next year, or perhaps even during the school year. Let me say this though: it is kind of a scary commitment!

Joni said...

I think you'll just love what homeschooling will do for your kids! I homeschooled one year, and would have liked to continue, but living in Finland it seems better that our kids are now public schooled. I can't teach them the language arts and all the terms and words they should know in Finnish, and since we live in Finland, it's important they know those things. But - I will for sure homeschool in the future if it seems one of our kids would really need that for a while! You'll do great!

Joni said...

And by the way - I know exactly what you mean about the hint of jealously ... even tho you totally trust, and know he loves you! Sounds very familiar!

FLmom7 said...

I am looking forward to reading about why you decided to try homeschooling. I know you've mentioned it a few times in the past. Good luck and I hope it works out well for you. We've always homeschooled (oldest 2 are doing great in college), and even though I've doubted myself a milion times and some of my kids have had extra challenges, I am seeing the rewards of the sacrifices now. We don't spend a lot of time "doing school work", but somehow they have learned so much.

Anonymous said...

yay for homeschooling :) Its been 4 years now for our family and love love love ir
xx Lara in NZ

Tereza said...

I think I would feel the same way as you about a traveling buddy, natural I think to feel that way