summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 26, 2013

last week of summer vacation....

Today is cloudy and rainy and I love it! Since I had to drive Aaron to town to drop off his car for inspection, I couldn't sleep in and enjoy this scrumptious sleeping weather. I woke at 7:30 and that was it. I stepped out of my bedroom into the hallway, right into a pile of cat poop. Dang if I didn't hop from that right into the puddle of kitty pee next to it. By then I was muttering all sorts of things. And of course we were down to our single last paper towel, so I had to clean it up with toilet paper. That darned cat, if I throw his little bum outside, he will destroy the screens trying to get back in. grrr.

The biggest thing in my mind today is that it is almost Friday. Almost. Paul is coming home on Friday. I really really can't wait.

The New York state fair is on my list. Thursday is the day for soldiers and veterans to get in free, Samuel is supposed to go and be with the Army guys for his Future Soldiers thing. So perhaps I will take some little ones on that day. We have a church gathering that afternoon, so it is iffy if I can manage the fair that day.

Mirielle wants to take Jonathan kayaking. I want to go to the library again, although I have to pay for a book that no one knows anything about. I do not remember checking it out, no one does. It is overdue. I can't find it. I don't remember ever seeing it. But I am going to have to pay for it soon. Several kids are interested in going to the library, so we will probably go today.

I also need to go to the grocery store. We need lightbulbs and paper towels and dog food.

School is starting next week, do you think I have so much as glanced at their supply lists yet? I have stocked up on notebooks and pens and crayons and markers and a few new calculators, but they probably need index cards and highlighters and 3-subject notebooks. Sometimes the teachers ask for boxes of baggies, tissues, wipes.

With so many daughters, they always need clothes. Always. They never ever have anything to wear. I try to remember that feeling, wait, I still have it! I like to send them off to school looking neat and nice and feeling comfortable with themselves, but of course not for regular price!

My little girls really want to go out and about with me. They get silly and dance around and touch things and I wonder how on earth I managed a few years back when a five year old and a seven year old were considered "older" kids.

Well, things to do await me. I need to vacuum, sweep, clean my room. I need to flea comb the animals and make some phone calls. I need to walk and exercise and eat breakfast. There is never enough time, never enough empty days. They fill up so fast, and I am trying to remember that they are also numbered....

No comments: