summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

random thoughts....

1. Summer is too short.

2. My kids are pretty nocturnal, as is their crazy mother.

3. I am so excited and actually at rest about homeschooling Jonathan and Kathryn.

4. I am not so excited to be sending the two little princesses to school, but they have new backpacks (with matching lunchboxes!), and are counting the days in excitement. Seven kids will still get on that school bus.

5. The pool hose is replaced, yay me.

6. After replacing the hose, I turned on the pool filter, and dang it if the water level in the pool was too low for it to run...yup.

7. It is hot and humid here in New York state, so we closed up the windows and turned the a.c. on in the living room.

8. Today I took Abigail to the doctor...well, I dropped her off, then went to Marshall's all by myself. I got the girls some nice blouses for going back to school for $2 and $3 dollars each.

9. Steak grilled out, romaine, peppers and garden tomatoes, mashed 'tatoes. But: we had to leave for soccer practice as soon as the food was done, since I am such a terrific planner and the steak cooked so slowly...I hated leaving when Emily and Abigail were visiting, and Aaron had just come in the door from work.

10. Tomorrow morning we are going to the New York State fair. Mirielle and I are taking Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We are taking the bus from town, it only costs $9 each way and we won't have to deal with traffic or pay for parking.

11. Samuel will be doing a swearing-in ceremony with the Army Future Soldiers program. We hope we make it there in time!

12. I wasn't real big on going to the fair...for years now I have wanted to go, yet not wanted to. The heat and the crowds and the fried food...but Sam really wants me to be there. So, I decided the little kids will like the huge sand castles and the butter sculpture and the 25 cent chocolate milk and the farm animals, as if there aren't cows and horses right on our own road....

13. The three youngest are spending the night at Emily and Abigail's house tonight. I opted out so I can get ready to leave for the fair in the morning. I felt bad. But I can't do everything.

14. I swam in the pool today, then took a small evening walk. Not enough. But better than nothing.

15. Yesterday afternoon I was feeling a bit defeated because I hadn't exercised all day, then I decided that the day wasn't over yet! Yup, I fit it in, an evening workout!

16. We have to hurry home from the fair to get to a church meeting by 6:00.

17. Five of the girls are watching, "Downton Abbey", so I cannot concentrate.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have often thought about homeschooling. What made u decide yo to it?