summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 5, 2014

and whack, when you least expect it....

A blow to the head. See, I was trying to be a good girl. I usually just put the broom and dustpan-on-a-stick behind the laundry room door, but Paul put up a hang-y thing on the far wall of the laundry room. It is an extra five steps, and me being me, it is always the little decision whether to just fling them behind the door, or take care of them properly. Anyway. I chose to take care of them properly. Then, I exited the laundry room, closing the door behind me, as per our new plan to keep the kitty from using the sock baskets as litter boxes, which is not pleasant. So as I attempted to close the door, it seemed like something was stuck and it wouldn't go all the way, so I pulled it really hard, which sent the pull-up bar that was hanging in the doorway...careening down, smack and whack, right in the back of my head. It hit the plastic comb that held my hair up, and dang it, it hurt. It didn't just hurt, it KILLED. The whole back of my head was just throbbing and aching and hurting. I ran to the couch, buried my face in my hands, and sobbed. When I finally felt the back of my head, my hand came away covered with blood. dang.

So...Paul parted the hair, cleaned up the bump, and we determined the bleeding was slowed down, and I was okay. I didn't black out, and don't need stitches. There is a little bit of blood still seeping, and a huge bump, and my head hurts like the devil, but I think I'll live. I am okay enough to blog, right:)

The thing is, Kathryn is sick. She was not going to church today, no way no how. Jonathan asked who was staying home with her, and Paul answered that she would be okay by herself. I was pondering that, and thought perhaps I should stay home with her, and the next thing I knew, I was on the couch in agony....and I though, "Yeah, I am staying home with Kap."

So here I am, home in a quiet house.

I tell you, when you least expect it.....wham. My first thought besides all the thoughts of how much it hurt was: I need to wash my hair.

Now, I am not looking forward to washing my hair. It is pretty tender. Mirielle-The-Nurse looked at it and told me I would be fine, to put some pressure on it, ice it a bit, and don't worry about it.

Yesterday eight of us from our family worked at the Dome for the college basketball game. Syracuse is undefeated so far, and it was a good game, crowded. We were busy enough at the concession stand. It wasn't easy to get up and leave on a Saturday morning, and it was cold out...

This is my friend Janette and I. She is such a nice girl, she comes from a family of 14. I am thankful for fundraising because I get to know the young people from church better....

Ashley brought Anya over for a last visit before their return to Washington tomorrow. Miss Char was delighted to hold her. Char looked like she was dressed for a summer day. She chose shorts and a shortsleeved top from the play clothes, said she wasn't cold. hmm.


Mirielle, on the other hand, was cold. She wears Sam's old sweatshirt around....but the way she was looking at little Anya in this picture....so sweet.

Anya. So sweet. Samuel is 18 years old, and leaves for Basic Training next month, but he is a huge marshmallow. He said this morning, "I can't believe how nice it was holding Anya, it felt like nothing I've felt before. She is just SO nice..." Hearing Sam say this: priceless.

So I had plans today. Plans to plan some schooling for Jon, to plan some field trips, to make a nice Sunday dinner. blah. I get a day off! I am not going to get up and do alot, I am just going to relax and let my head heal. I haven't had breakfast yet and it is almost 2:00 o'clock, I may just have some ice cream:)

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

Ouch, I hope your head is feeling better today!