summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 2, 2014

letting go....

It is a harsh reality that our sweet newborns grow and grow and...grow up. These adults of ours aren't just grown-ups, they are OURS, and they are special. They go out into the world, and our thoughts and prayers and well-wishes go with them...and parts of our hearts, too. The thing is, with my kids,I know some of them will be fine...a few others,...well, I want to go with them and hold their hands. I wonder if I have taught them well enough, if I have done too much for them or not enough, if I have been a good enough example for them.

So letting go is not easy. With Sam...well, he IS special. He is brilliant and so tender-hearted, thoughtful and kind. He loves his country, and has this faith in the goodness of man, a faith I don't want to see shattered.

But I love him, and respect him, and have realized that the best thing I can do is give him my blessing, treat him like a big boy, and let him go.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Sometimes I find being a mom of grown up kids "oh, so much harder" than it was when the house was full of the noise and chaos of seven children underfoot. It's a different kind of tired now. My knees should be sporting callouses...