summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 10, 2014

ever feel like just walking away?

No? Oops, I'm bad then. Well guess what? Tonight I am sort of walking away! I am going out to dinner with my two favorite daughters and my favorite sister, and my favorite niece! (note to my other nine daughters and my other nieces: my favorites are the ones I am with:))(and since I have only one sister, and of course she would be my favorite even if I had ten)....

Tonight I am going to dinner with Emily and Abigail, my two oldest girls, and my sister Cheryl and her second oldest daughter Becky. I already promised Emily I would behave, ha. I am so dang excited. Not that my life is boring or anything, but sometimes it's nice to walk away from being Mommy, and have a little fun, some fellowship, relax a bit.

Yesterday was a busy day....I dropped Joseph off in town to pick up Mirielle's car from the garage, drove to the airport to pick up our friend Adrian, stopped and ran in the store for grapefruit and apples, and a package of cookies to keep in the car for the kids for later, drove out past home and dropped Adrian off, stopped and visited Kim and held her little grandson for a bit...home for an hour, talked to my brother Bob on the phone....out the door with Kathryn to the school to pick up Miss Char, Miss Camille, and Miss Evelyn for dentist appointments...to the dentist. Then to the county clerk to apply for passports for Kathryn and Evelyn. Mirielle is taking Kathryn to Norway for a church conference, and maybe on a little side trip to France. Emily is taking Evelyn on an excursion to Jamaica. Lucky girls to have such nice big sisters!

As we left the county office building, I told the little girls I would stop and get them one thing from McDonald's because they were so good, so they danced and speculated what they would get...by the time we got there, they were begging to go in and play on the slides...what the heck, or as Kathryn says, YOLO. You only live once.

Home...ah, home. I had put a roast, some carrots, and five pounds of red potatoes in the crockpot when I was home for the hour, so dinner was ready.

Paul and the older kids ate in five minutes flat, then left for cleaning. I stayed home and fed the younger kids, helped with homework, did some laundry, and tucked them into bed. phew.

I am not complaining, I love my busy days. But tonight, I shall skip happily out the door!!!

Not that I am happy leaving anyone behind. Not at all. In fact, I have mixed feeling about leaving Paul on a Friday night, I love spending time with him so much.

It is just nice to take off the Mommy Cloak every once in a while.

Anyway. I mostly just write on autopilot, then I stop and come up for air and have no idea what else to say. So this fine snowy morning, I will just leave it at that.....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know what I would do if you stopped writing. Every day, your blog is the only blog I read. When you go on mini-hiatus's, it kills me a little, lol! Not that you don't deserve to take a break from writing, or if your internet goes out, but still...You are like my morning Dr. Pepper. Need it!

Holly L

16 blessings'mom said...

Holly: thank you! I can't imagine quitting, honestly. It is very therapeutic....

Mom said...

What a happy post! And what a gorgeous photo with the snow--it's summer here and so hot! That snow looks really good to me. :-)