summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

ah what a day...

Today had a late start, because my night was hollowed out. Duke, that darned chocolate lab, is a bad boy! We didn't go through getting him neutered way back when Suri was spayed, partly because he's so old. Mostly he stays right here, goes out to go to the bathroom, and comes back in. But when the yellow lab down the road is in heat, he is just programmed to run down there and visit his girlfriend. So, we take him out only on the leash, which is fine. But. Even during the night, he starts in, howling to go out. I took him out at four o'clock. It WAS a beautiful night, clear skies and a glowing moon... Anyway. Me, fully awake...back in bed, I may as well have started cleaning the house. I was WIDE awake. I thought about every one of my kids, said my prayers, tossed and turned and solved the world's problems.

So when I finally fell back to sleep, oops, I slept too long, poor me, eh?

Believe me, I totally and fully appreciate it when I can sleep in. I will never ever forget how it feels to be exhausted and sleep starved.

Anyway. This morning, I woke up and all the laundry was done, and the house was spotless! Just kidding.

We are leaving soon, to go to the library and to the store. We have nary an apple or pear on the counter, nor any grapes or bananas. Our supply of fresh spinach and romaine/lettuce is dwindling, and the milk jug is almost empty. I am hearing rumors of girls needing shampoo and other necessities, so...we need to go to the store.

I plan to cut some coupons before we go, and be a little bit organized.

So, lots is going on, yet nothing. But here are a few things I would like to say.

1. I love Paul. He is getting nicer and more handsome, year after year. Who wouldn't like to get a text that says, "I love you, Sweetie."?

2. My kids drive me batty, but they fill my life right to the brim with goodness and fun and love. Shh, yeah, and frustration, but we won't think about that right now when we're being all sentimental.

3. Time is ticking, Jon is reminding me when we are leaving, so I need to get moving...

No comments: