summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 30, 2015

if feels like a monday...

Someone's got a case of the Mondays.

Is it possible for me to be less random when blogging? Let's see...um, no.

I am thankful for today. It's cozy here in our living room with the heater going. It is not cozy outside, with the overcast skies and drizzling rain, falling on our gray snow-filled yard, garnished with mud. The snow recedes a few inches here and there, and yes, there is mud.

This is the lull in the day. We have had breakfast (Miss Char made scrambled eggs all by her little self!). We did school. We had craft time/art class. We had afternoon snack/lunch: yogurt with blueberries and granola, celery sticks, pepperoni and crackers, pumpkin seeds and roasted almonds. I like to set out little bowls of healthy-ish things so they can pick what they want in the afternoon. I just had the yogurt and berries, and a second cup of coffee...and a few pieces of celery.

Jonny is riding his scooter in the house now, Char is lying on the couch under a blanket with her Darth Vader mask, and Cam is sitting in a chair looking through a pair of binoculars. Kathryn is making a quesadilla, and Suze is still doing school work. Margaret left for her babysitting job, and Joseph is doing work on his computer.

Yesterday morning, I started the day by lounging in bed, leisurely looking at facebook on my phone...then a shower. I wandered out to the kitchen, the sunshine streaming in, thinking of a day spent with the kids, riding bikes maybe...but, I ended up going to the Dome to work at the NCAA basketball game final four! When it was decided another person was needed, I had five minutes to get ready, then out the door I went. I don't mind working, but I do feel it the next day.

Paul made dinner for me, even served me my plate when I got home! He made hot sausage stuffed chicken legs and steamed spinach. He took four teenaged girls to town to Dunkin Donuts while I was gone, because, "------" was in a bad mood, he said. I loved him then more than ever...for seeing that one of his daughters needed extra attention.

Jonathan and I are saving up for our trip to Washington state. He has dibs on all of the bottle and can money, and we are planning to sell stuff on ebay. I give him any tips I get at the Dome. We aren't supposed to take tips, but if someone leaves a buck on the counter, I am not going to just put it in the cash drawer:)

Char is lying under a blanket, just resting, and Cam is reading a book. Jon is rattling around in his room. Times like these I have to be firm, ha, I am allowed on my computer, but they aren't allowed on their tablets or computer games. It is nice and quiet in here for now, but Evelyn and Sonja will be getting off the bus in a few minutes.

Is this random enough?

Easter basket filling is this week!!! I LOVE it. I am filling one for Samuel. Mirielle and Aaron and Margaret and Evelyn are heading to Washington D.C. this weekend, and taking a basket to Sam. I guess the Easter Dinner table won't be overly crowded this year.

Here's the bus...I have to put on some coffee for Evelyn...:)

No comments: