summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 26, 2015

snowy day in the spring...

The kids are going out to play in the snow, gym class of course. We have had school, snack time/lunch time (pepperoni, crackers, carrots, pears, and angel food cake), play time (my sister called, so I told the kids, "recess!"). We then had cozy story time with hot cups of green tea and honey, reading, "Farmer Boy." I got sidetracked a little while ago looking online for strollers for Mali, blah.

Now, they are outside, and I am getting up and doing my workout. I have swept and mopped and washed clothes and bedding and cleaned and dusted today, but if that burned enough calories, I would be a thin woman. Evelyn had to go and crack open a bag of chocolate covered mint patties that were for the Easter baskets. So basically, I said, Throw Me One Of Those. She threw three.

rrr.

Anyway, it has been another nice day. It is 36 degrees out, but the snow is coming down. The space heater is humming, but hey, spring WILL come.

I am super excited about my trip to Washington D.C./Virginia. The hotel I booked is actually in Manassas, Va. Hot tub and pool, yay! Cherry blossom time, and hopefully nice springy weather. Our yard has had this snow in it since January. No thawing this year. Some snow has receded along the edges now, but most of the yard has been blanketed in the same snow for two months now. So sorry if I have spring on the brain.

Ah well, off I go...even though believe me, I like my comfy chair....(I don't want to work out, ha!)

1 comment:

Martha said...

Oh, to be thin again.... It's nice to dream while I eat a peanut butter sandwich. :0)

Snow. What can I say except that I have no more plans for snowmen this year?

Manassas, Virginia. We went there many moons ago when I was a young lass. It was October and we were camping. It was freezing. Somewhere I have a photo of the statue of Stonewall Jackson.