summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 15, 2015

life is too short....

1. Life is too short to hold a grudge. Let it go.

2. When I am tempted to blurt a mean retort, I try to wait a minute...think about it...and hopefully, not say it at all.

3. I am so thankful for afterthoughts. When I think later about a situation and see how hard I was, or how stubborn, or how contentious...I am thankful I have a chance to put it right.

4. Daughters are tricky creatures. "Be quick to listen and slow to speak" should be a verse that comes to mind when dealing with daughters.

5. Having two huge dogs when the snow starts to melt and the mud appears...oops, I am complaining about the snow melting!

6. Mopping the floor three times a day is good exercise.

7. Corned beef is too salty. But yum, once a year won't kill us.

8. We cracked into the Norwegian chocolate today...it's history now. There were 13 of us here though, so we divvied it up.

9. Spring is coming! Spring is coming! Not this week, there was actually new snow on the ground this morning...but next week maybe...

10. This Friday I am working at the Billy Joel concert...not too shabby.

11. It's so nice to have Paul home again...

12. I have a huge list of the stuff I want to accomplish around here. High on that list: get the hot tub fixed!!!!

13. The house is quiet, and I am tired. Tomorrow is another day...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Yes......those muddy feet right after I have just washed the floor drives me nuts ........ BUT spring is on the way :-)

Marilyn from Canada