summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 7, 2015

saturday morning and other important things....

1. I love Saturdays...especially the blank ones, that I can fill in as I go.

2. Today is not a blank one for me, but it is for some small children who are filling the living room up with dollhouse and Duplos.

3. Today is the Monster Truck Jam, not where I would choose to go if I had my druthers, but life is short, so it will be fun.

4. Paul is leaving again...for France.

5. We stayed up way way way too late last night, then I woke up far too early and started thinking about countertops and sanding things and what to do about the wood edging in the kitchen...my brain would not relax and let my poor tired body go back to sleep.

6. I just had the best breakfast: an egg with lots of black pepper, cooked up with diced green and red peppers and a few onions.

7. Add in some sprouted grain toast with a dash of cinnamon, honey, and butter...and a hot cup of coffee, and I am happy.

8. My two little girls are best friends/worst enemies this morning. Cam likes to whistle, Char hates it. Plus, Char's Duplo stairs keep falling down.

9. I am thankful for the prayers and kind wishes of friends regarding my brother. It is liberating to be able to talk about him here. Life goes on, but it is so therapeutic to re-live that day, in some strange way. It's like I'm finally coming to terms with it, but only a little bit.

10. Suri has a stuffed lion that she beats the snot out of and plays fetch with. She is using it as a pillow, and it is so cute it's not funny.

11. I have to go get dressed and get moving to go to the Monster Jam. It's challenging for me, physically, because I start work there at noon, and the event ends after 10:00 p.m., standing on my feet on concrete floor, serving over-priced hot dogs in soggy buns and $3.75 bottles of water:(

12. We will have a few breaks, but that means climbing steep stairs to find a place they allow us to sit in the stands.

Ah well...time to move along...blah.:)

No comments: