summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 5, 2018

eleven years ago...

Baby Camille was born eleven years this Wednesday, the last of the babies for me, the caboose, the treasured one I didn't know we were actually getting, the baby I thought I had lost. We celebrated with her siblings yesterday, most of them.

Margaret made cupcakes and I helped her frost them...


I did not even taste.

We had pork chops, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, broccoli, and rolls.

She got some nice things, a pair of Levi's, two sweaters, a gift card, Monopoly Cheater's Edition!


(all the dog nose smudges showed up in this pic, so I washed windows today:))


With her friend Amanda.

This is why I like to shop with Sonja:


Suzanne is cute too!


Lowes Home Improvement, I should NOT go to that store. No sir, no how. I likes it too much. For example, we now have new bathroom sink faucets, they were on sale/clearance, but still too much, but oh dear, we needed them...? Ours were bad, corroding, they were cheapies, they leaked...I could have replaced them with more cheapies, but...these were just too cute!


(new faucet)


Those burgundy countertops though: all the rage back when we built the house.


I chalkpainted these cabinets a few years back with the color "oatmeal". What was I thinking? It looked better than the water-splashed oak, but... I am thinking to paint them white and replace the handles. And I bought paint for the countertop...just need the courage to jump in and do it. I also bought paint for the walls, and already have white enamel to do the trim and the door.
(see why I need to stay the heck out of Lowe's?)


But even without doing anything more, I love the new faucets. I wish I had taken "before" shots, the old ones didn't even match.


See the wood trim? Time for a change, some lightening up. And this is what I look like on a daily basis around the house. I did my little work-out, that's why my hair is so stylish.



Anyway...lots going on around here. Camille got a bookcase for her birthday, she is waiting for someone to help her put it together...ugh. Kathryn took them all ice skating today while I was here with Anne, now she has to go to work.

The high school girls are home, so I am going to talk to them...:)

4 comments:

Michelle in Florida said...

I can't believe Camille is 11! I've been reading your blog since she was a baby! My "baby" is turning 10 next month. Time flies!

Marilyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAMILLE 🎂🎂🎂🎂

Marilyn from Canada

Lisa said...

Nice faucets!! Instead of buying new knobs/pulls for the vanity, try spray painting them to match the faucets. I repainted a desk recently and instead of splurging on new pulls (which would have run me about $30), we had some brushed nickle spray paint and my son painted them all (I think the paint was around $5 and it was left over from another project). They turned out perfect! I wondered why I hadn't done it before. Now, if you're looking for a completely different shape/style that's another thing altogether and understandable if you want to change them - but this is a cheaper option. I can't wait to see the countertops. I've wanted to do this for ages in my kitchen, but I'm chicken. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Michelle, I know, time flies. I started blogging when I was pregnant for Cam, and oh how I wish I had written a diary or something right from the start...because I can't remember the details of the older ones' childhoods.
Thank you, Marilyn! Tomorrow is her real birthday, we like to drag out those birthdays!

Lisa, the spray paint thing is an excellent idea, I spray painted the hinges on my cabinets in the kitchen when I redid them. They were old and gunky, we just soaked them in some strong solvent, rinsed and dried, they still were corroded and ugly, but oh my goodness: a bronze spray paint that matched up with the new handles I got, and wowo, what a difference. They looked new! I kind of want to change the bathroom handles...not positive. I know I want to paint the vanity part a pure white, and the counters are going to be dark gray...I am so chicken too, but part of me is screaming JUST DO IT. What's the worst thing that could happen? It can't look uglier than maroon.