summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 2, 2018

well....


The leaves are pretty. The weather headlines here this morning: Soaking rain tapers to lighter showers today. Lovely, huh? But, at least it's not snow! And if this was January, it'd be a heatwave!

Jonathan is almost done with his flooring. He has had some help from Paul, and has talked to Adrian for help, and Ben came over and gave him some pointers (as in, rip it up, you did it wrong!). But he's working his way through and figuring it out.

Once he gets done and gets the trim back on, he'll start moving his stuff from his old room. Then we can begin the whole process on THAT room, so Sonja can move into it. I wanted this last room to be a guest room, but alas, Sonja K. gets it. She rooms with Evelyn and just wants her own room. I figure the years go so fast, before you know it, they'll all be moving out, and I'll have like six guest rooms, so if she wants it, she can have it.

I have spent far too much time researching flooring for the kitchen. It's a major expense, and I want to get the best I can afford so we don't have to replace it again. It has to stand up to doggies and lots of foot traffic (no shoes in the house though), and be waterproof. I've decided on waterproof luxury vinyl planking aka LVP. It comes in all qualities, for as low as $2 a square foot. When you get up to $3.50, ooooh it's nice. Thick and textured, lifetime guarantees, even rated for commercial use. Here's one I really like:


Since it's going to be a major job to:
Move the tables and stuff from the kitchen,
Rip out the ceramic tile,
Install the new floor,
I want to do it nicely, and with really good stuff. I mean, $500-ish for cheaper stuff, $800-ish for really nice stuff...it's worth it in the long run to get the nicer, I think. I also want to do the hallway, which currently sports the original blue carpeting that was oh-so posh when we built this place, and the foyer, which is tiled.

Anyway. The cat, Mr. Orange Guy, is being naughty. He is attacking Lydia's nice Belle dress, in between meowing loudly at the door to go out, so I get up to let him out, and of course! The dogs want to go out, too! Out they go, thumping down the stairs. I watch them out the window, they go to the bathroom, then stand at the end of the driveway deciding whether to go on a jaunt down the road, so I call them back in. They come quickly, because they know I give them a treat. But remember, it's been raining, so they have to come in and SIT DOWN so I can wipe them down before their treat. The naughty kitty came back in with them, and is...meowing at the door to go out again.

Anyway. Today I have to go out and about to get a few things for Emily, she's doing food for a Christmas concert practice at church. Lydia has spent two nights and is going home today, and we don't have Anne today. I need to do my exercise first, I've already cleaned up the house. I'm not saying my house is clean and spotless, just that I've done dishes and counters and sweeping this morning.

Off we go...

1 comment:

Tereza said...

The new flooring will be so nice and yes don’t go cheap on the kitchen floor!!!!! You won’t regret it!