summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 19, 2018

what?!!! no post on monday?!!

'tis the season for busyness! This fine Monday has been like Romper Room in my living room. Besides Char and Cam and Jonathan, we have Davian and little Anne, Lydia, and Anya came for a few hours, then Ashley picked her up and stayed for a coffee and some playtime for Elise.

Jonathan's new room is all moved into, not entirely organized yet, but passable. The room he vacated has been worked on for half the weekend...we sanded and wiped walls, painted the ceiling, painted the trim, then two coats on the walls. And alas, we painted the trim the lovely sea-salt color I painted the bathroom, accidentally. It was supposed to be white, the cabinet paint from the kitchen. It was bright outside, the snow brightening the colors, we painted away blissfully, then Sonja noticed the closet door looked green. Well, that's because it WAS green, wrong paint, oops. So we left the doors, and the bottom trim, and she repainted the trim around the window, the closet, and the door.

Now she and Jonathan are installing the underlayment for the laminate. Jon won't be here long though, he is going to get his hair cut, bless Mirielle's heart. Then he's going to Norwegian class, then hockey. So tomorrow...we need to get it finished because tomorrow, late at night, actually in the wee hours of Wednesday, Sam and Grace and baby Grant are arriving, and we would like that room done for little Grant to sleep in with his mama.

So on Saturday after we worked on that room for half the day, we went out and about after Kathryn got home from work because it was only us:

Evelyn and Kathryn, Suzanne in her new hat that she crocheted herself, me, and Sonja K.

Paul and Jon were hunting, and the little girls were in New York City with Abigail. Emily and Abigail and Mirielle were having Friendsgiving at their house. So, we went to Chilis. And to the store. It was rather fun.

Anyway. Today was a busy one. I passed out bananas and popsicles, and made pancakes. I fed Anne yogurt, and Lydia yogurt, and they had fruit snacks when they colored at the table. There is waffletown all over the floor, and Jenga blocks, and books and hotwheel cars and dollhouse, and the food and dishes bins are spilling out everywhere.



Lydia wanted to have a picnic, so we found her a place where the sun was shining in, and Sunny thought it looked like a comfy spot.

Tomorrow, a trip to Costco with Emily. The kids don't have school.

I don't know what's for dinner tonight, but am thinking bacon and eggs. I should get a better meal plan. I feel like I am so busy all the time, but I do have time to sit here and blog sometimes.

Well, I have things to do and toys to pick up...



1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della...........I bought myself an INSTANT POT and it’s the best thing since sliced bread. I think you would find it very handy with your busy life and family. I’ve been making pickled eggs today.......and boy cooking the eggs in this pot they just peel so easily. I’ve made several things and it’s great for soup! Great for everything. You are one busy grandma, but it’s lovely having the little ones around.......and they are not little for very long as you know. Have a lovely time with all your family!

Marilyn from Canada