summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 29, 2018

out and about times two...

In a small city fifteen miles away, there are things to do, and doctor's offices to go to.

Today, I get to go there twice. I cannot combine the trips, because of girls in school.
So in a little while, we'll pack up and go, then come home, and go again, as I will pick the school girls up a little early.

I hope to stop into the craft store while I'm there, because why not?

Out the door in a bit, but first, ahh, my feet up and my coffee...I bought gingerbread coffee from Aldi, and the magic formula is two scoops of regular coffee, and a half scoop of the gingerbread, in the pour-over. mmm, just flavored slightly but not overwhelming.

It helps that I have heavy cream in it this morning.

In other news, I am finally back to my pre-thanksgiving weight, so down a bit over five pounds. In order to lose weight, I really have to cut back, basically to two meals a day. Like eggs at noon, then dinner, meat with veggies and no carbs. Sometimes a spoonful of peanut butter as brekky or a snack. Then nothing in the evening. It's hard, but after a bit it becomes mostly habit and I feel so much better. I take my vitamin D, magnesium, and fish oil, too.

Anyway, last night I had one square of Trader Joe's Belgium chocolate. It was good, but nowhere near what Norwegian chocolate tastes like, or Swiss. It was super sweet, and almost chalky, but I still could have wolfed half the 17 ounce bar down if I wanted to. And shh, I did want to, but I had one square. It would be good with crunchy peanut butter, but I'll just stick to the peanut butter.

Does anyone else wait until the last minute to get ready to go somewhere, then run around like mad so they're not late?

Also, does anyone else love the childrens' show, "Martha Speaks"? It's so cute. (Lydia is watching it. We don't really do any television during the day, but she gets here early, plays, and watches a few shows...then it goes off for the day.)

Ah well, off I go to wash my hair and change out of my around-the-house clothes and into bye-bye clothes. :)

5 comments:

Plain Jane said...

My grandson loves Martha Speaks. The theme song gets stuck in your head though :)
We keep PBS Kids on all day, my oldest grandson is two & mostly nonverbal. I keep hoping maybe he'll pick up words from the more educational shows. So far, all he's picked up is monkey chatter from George the Curious Monkey.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! You have been having fun and more to come with another wedding! How exciting! Good for you with your weight loss......it’s a never ending battle, isn’t it? I’m doing really well too on WW but I have to pay attention every day just like you. But it is nice to see the scale go down. You have so much snow.......wow...........we have virtually none, but it has been coldish and I hate the cold. You are ahead of the game with some shopping done already. I’m heading out today to get started...........but I don’t really have too many to buy for. Some just want gift cards which I’m not all that keen on to be honest, but better than them having to return things I guess............so much better when they were all little 🤗 Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada

Rose Sperlonga said...

I am not one to rush at any time to get out. LOL I have to be ready and sometimes actually have to wait to go! My husband and I are both like this. We are early morning people. I don't know the last time I was in a store in the late afternoon or evening!
Your life always seems so full. It really is nice to read that a family is still invested in family. The thanksgiving pictures were beautiful with all of them together and the grand babies! So nice. You are very blessed!


Children shows: My grand daughter watches Word Party which is adorable. Also Masha and the Bear! OMGoodness, I can sit and watch that with her for hours! LOL Netflix of course is her way of TV.

A great show to watch with all your kids that are still in the house and maybe not , is The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell. Its a fun, no swearing , no crap. .. all fun movie. :)


Take care!
Rose

16 blessings'mom said...

Jane, I walk around singing, "she speaks and speaks and speaks and speaks!", referring to little Lydia, who is rarely ever quiet. She's just like my girls were, walking around singing her heart out, and talking non-stop. One of my daughters didn't start speaking coherently until she was three, but we didn't know she had bad vision. She started crossing her eyes, so I brought her to the ophthalmologist, and sure enough, she needed glasses at 3 years old. Somehow this was related to her speech, because she started talking in full sentences right at the same time. But honestly, when they are little and make those Curious George sounds, oh the cuteness.
Marilyn, it gets harder to get things they actually want when they get older, especially clothes for girls. I pick things up and think they're so cute, and they are like, No Mom, just NO, and hmm, am I getting old or something?
Rose, I am also usually an early morning person, but unfortunately also a late night person, so I am a tired person. I also like to procrastinate. Good to know about the Christmas Chronicles. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Joybells said...

I have a terrible time getting out the door to go anywhere. I'm always trying to squeeze one last thing in (start the laundry, pick up toys, send one last vital email) before tearing myself away. My poor husband would love to see me turn over a new leaf in the leaving department! So I am working on...deep breath... leaving earlier. I have hopes of 2019 being just a wee bit less chaotic as a result.

Love,
Joy from Salem