summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 20, 2019

all snowed in...



It's a nice cozy day, and I've ventured outside twice. It's COLD out there, 6 degrees (-14c), snowing lightly, and getting windy. Jonathan made banana bread...

And, brownies...he put chocolate and peanut butter chips on top when they were hot, and plans to frost it with peanut butter frosting. It's hard to behave myself!

I made three pans of lasagna today, one veggie, no pasta: spinach, summer squash, and zucchini with peppers and onions and hot sausage, and two regular. I put one regular in the freezer for another day, and the other two are going in the oven soon. I made pancakes and sausage for the kids this morning, and washed all the chicken wing pans from last night.

The twins have lots of energy, and I'm mean: I let them be on their tablets this morning, then told them we're done for the day. They have colored and played games and ran around in circles. They don't seem bored yet. I am going to go make them some new play dough right now...

I am surprised at how busy it still is here, but it's nice, too. I'm thankful for heat and running water, and for a comfy chair when I take my breaks.

Okay...break over!!!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Looks like a good day to bake........that banana bread looks yummmy! That won’t last long I bet. It’s about 67 here.......sorry 🙁 We’ve just come back from the dog park where our dogs met up with all their friends. Lots there today being Sunday.....then we went to Petsmart to get ear cleaner. They got treats there......we stopped for a coffe at a drive through place.......they got a treat there. Now they are sound asleep 😴😴Life is good! The lasagna sounds wonderful!! Enjoy........

Marilyn from Canada

Rose Sperlonga said...

Oh I had my grand kids for 2 and a half days! I'm 55, not old but not a spring chicken anymore! Let me say, tablets are a wonderful thing!! LOL I love them !!! Separation time: "Jacob! Go to my room with your tabby and watch your shows!".... LOL To funny.

I made playdoh too. I had the 8 yr old read me all the ingredients and then how to make it. The four yr old had to try and measure with my help..... worked out well. Then the 8 yr old got bored. So hard keeping them kids even at 8!

We live in Lee, Ma. Not a million miles from you and we were in the direct hit of the storm. And it fizzled out. Boo. We got 6 inches of snow and then solid ice on top of it. No outside for the kids.

Now its below zero! Double boo!

OH well.... they are gone now and I took a nice little nap and had some shepards pie... :)

I don't know how you keep your weight down with all the baking and cooking!! I"d be in serious trouble!! LOL

Happy winter!
Rose

Susan said...

On my goodness, those are impressive amts of snow! Cold here too in the North Georgia Mountains, 10 F this morning.

Michelle in Florida said...

Oh man, that banana bread looks SO good! Perfect treat for the cold weather! It's rather "cold" here in S. Florida today, it got into the high 30's overnight ha ha! (Don't slap me, lol...I'm originally from the northeast so I DO know what "real" cold weather is;) :) I miss the snow though (just not driving in it) and enjoy seeing your snow pictures.

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, so glad you are in a warm place, and what fun with the pups. Rose, who says I keep my weight down ha? I didn't eat any bananas bread or brownies, but my metabolism is so wrecked...I think I just gain weight by smelling it. I'm no spring chicken anymore either. These 7 year old twins like to run around like crazy in the evenings, and I am yawning and almost stuck in my chair...
Susan, the snow is so cold it squeaks when you walk in it. Our door was frozen closed yesterday, and we have to run the kitchen faucet all night so the pipes don't freeze again. It's -4 right now (-20c). We're waiting for it to warm up so we can go to the library.

Michelle, brr, ha. I do love the stillness of a good snowy day, when it's all muffled and peaceful. But the ice, and driving in it...blah.