summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 28, 2019

I'm baaaack!

So much fun has been had since I've written last...first, look at Mr. Sweetie-Pie, baby Wulf. He is my daughter Margaret and her husband Adrian's little guy.

He came for a visit yesterday.

Yesterday...oh I was tired. We had our old ladies hotel night on Saturday, and do you think I could sleep? I think I dozed off a few times. But yesterday I was determined not to give in to misery ha. So in the afternoon, when I was home, and the older kids were wanting to come over, of course. I made dinner: pork chops (I marinade them in lemon juice and seasoning, this time a Tuscan garlic)...cauliflower rice, regular rice, broccoli, apple sauce, and a veto almond bread with apples and cinnamon.

Lydia is here this morning, sitting in my chair with me. Anne will be here in a little while...:)

It's cold here, and snowing off and on. My humble opinion is that if it has to be winter, it may as well be pretty. And it IS pretty.

I had to dig out some birth certificates recently, and came across this one:

Baby Robert...his feet were so tiny.
He was born sleeping.

Since I've already ranted about abortion, I'll just stop it.

There are too many sad things in this world, and I can only do what I can do, and not waste my life complaining about other peoples' choices. I certainly have enough to work on, enough on my own plate.

2 comments:

Rose Sperlonga said...

Aww.. seeing baby Roberts little feet prints is so sad. I had a miscarriage and let me say it was one of the hardest things I have gone through. I believe the word miscarriage is used way to often and at times not in the right content. Its slung around like its nothing and its something. Its something for the women going through it. Its something for the husband or significant other that has gone through. So sorry....

Now on to fun things... that baby grandson of yours, he is so darn cute!! And I love him name! so different and unique. :)

Have fun in your snow... send some to the Berkshires! :)

Rose

Marilyn said...

Hi Della........I’m sure your old ladies night was heaps of fun!! Baby Wulf is just a darling ........ l love his baby lips. Adorable. This morning here it was lovely and sunny and warm so we sat out by the pool and enjoyed it. We were going to golf this afternoon, but suddenly the dratted wind came up again, and blew in the clouds.........so we cancelled our golf. No use playing in the very unpleasant wind. Have a nice evening 🤗

Marilyn from Canada