summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

enough about all this winter stuff..

Even though it's -4 out (-20c). The sun is coming out, and it's going up to 15 or 20 today, so it's therefore a great day to go out and about. We're thinking library again, and maybe Target, and a quick grocery store for bananas and milk and bread.

It's been nice having three extra children here. They've been here for eleven nights now. I won't lie, I've had my moments, when my patience has run out, but that's when God gives victory. I am very thankful for that! Having small children really highlights how selfish I can tend to be, too. I'm going to have a hard time giving them back, ha, all the hugs and their sweet little comments. Sebastian said, "You are so lucky you have so many animals! It's like you live In a zoo!" And bless his heart, he meant it as a compliment.
They're at the part now where they miss their parents so much...

This coming weekend is, yay, our sporadically planned old ladies' overnighter at a hotel, Saturday night. We are all mamas of many...so far the ones who are attending have 10 kids, 7 kids,7 kids, 6, 6, and me. Hopefully our friend with 14, and the ones with 12 and 8, will decide to join too! As you can guess, we never run out of things to talk about! And a night away from everything, ahhh. The pool, the hot tub...:)

Then the following weekend, I'm off to Mexico! Can you even believe it? I can't. I am just so excited. I don't mind my "job" here, teaching and testing, sorting out problems and giving help, advice, guidance...cleaning the house and making meals and snacks, going to appointments and driving kids places...but oh how nice it is to take a break, and oh how I crave sunshine on my skin.

And off we go...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Della.......you deserve a medal for all you do! You will have such fun on the weekend with all the other mothers. Just a lovely break from the every day life. Let’s face it.......who has more fun than a bunch of women?? Honestly?? Then off to Mexico!! I’m not sure you said where.....maybe you did and I’ve forgotten. Having that lovely warm Mexican sun on you body will be..........aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh 🤗🤗 Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada (Arizona for a while 🥰)