summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 6, 2019

hello from the Adirondacks!!!!



Oh heavenly vacation, this place is nice. Two full baths, brand new build (2016), wood floors, walls, ceilings...


And see that? It's an air conditioning unit. Our own place, back home, doesn't have central air. We don't even have a small unit in the window yet this year, and ugh. So we are camping in style AND comfort. It's humid and muggy and sticky and warm out there, but in here, mmm-hmmm. Mirielle and Evelyn are out in the yard working out, and I don't dare take a pic of them, they would murder. I did forty wimpy comfy push-ups in here, thank you.

The path to the water, the dock, and the hill to go back up to the cabin.

I felt very athletic, making it up this hill. Today, there will be hiking, but not me. Sonja K. can't very well hike, and someone has to stay with her!

We watched an episode of the new season of Stranger Things last night, then when I got out of the bathroom and was the last one left downstairs with all the lights off, I didn't like it one little bit, I ran up the stairs. I wasn't really scared, of course, but you know, jumpy. I thought if I saw a shadow I would scream and scare the daylights out of the girls. I do admit to stopping by their room and yelling, "RAH!"

Their room, btw, has bunkbeds and a trundle bed, plus a huge tv with Netflix.

So here I sit in the quiet, coffee and cool comfort, doing my favorite thing.

Oh, when Paul and I got here last night, we met the man who owns the cabin, and so cool, he raises Lab puppies to be guide dogs for the blind! I just watched a documentary about this, and am very impressed. He's a very nice guy. When he left, we carried in all the bags and cooler, put stuff away, and I put chicken wings in the oven. I brought disposable foil pans, yay! When the girls got here a bit later, starving, the wings were almost ready! Oh they were good, hit the spot.

Yes, camping. This kind of camping, I like. Paul is out fishing, and the girls upstairs are still sleeping, or they woke up and are watching tv. It's super quiet here, just birds singing and my keyboard tapping. I could get used to this.



2 comments:

Michelle in FL said...

Looks beautiful! Hope you all enjoy your time together!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, that cabin is almost identical to mine! You are going to have a great time Della, enjoy every minute!
♥️Susano