summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 29, 2019

...my fan club...


This fine morning, I went outside to take care of the pool, you know, backwash it and turn on the filter. The pups AND the kitties followed me. They were all excited to go back into the house, because: food! The kitties like me especially much in the mornings, because they know I'll give them a splash of half and half when I get my coffee. Cats are smart. They know what's going on, but they're smart enough to just sit there when you yell to get off the counter.


Orange Guy is the "kitten" we finally kept, out of all of Kettler's kittens. His official name is Buster, but he's really Orange Guy. He is a super nice kitty, he's purring and snuggling. They both get along well with the dogs, rub against them, and sleep next to them.

I have to pack! We had Lydia here until almost bedtime last night (past her bedtime, almost my bedtime, ha). Camille managed to get most of her stuff packed, but not me. Camille, Lydia, and I went out and about a bit yesterday. We returned the library books, went to Aldi for three items (steak, heavy cream, and lemon juice), stopped at McDonalds for a McChicken for Cam, fries for her to share with Lydia, small shakes for them, and an iced coffee for me. Then we gassed up the car, and came home.

Lydia and I drove over to Ben and Ashley's house for a visit, so Lyd could play with cousin Anya. We talked about our trip, and how they aren't packed yet either...I am riding in their van with them and Camille down to New York City, so that should be fun.

Emily is heading home from Norway today, she'll arrive at the airport at midnight, and we did a trade: I could use her nice orange car all week, if I picked her up. That seemed like a swell deal at the time, ha.

So today is a lovely day, and today, I'll pack.

And...I am not sure whether I'll bring my laptop with me or not. On the one hand, I'd love to be able to blog while I'm there, but I do hate lugging it through security, ect. So this might be goodbye for a while, but it might not be. I'll see.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della..........do have a safe and enjoyable trip 🤗 Don’t let the security get you down........go with the flow!! It’s all an adventure.........you mentioned your 30lb purse falling off your shoulder. I only have purses I can wear across my body now. More comfortable.........easier to manage. I hope we hear from you, but if not just have a fabulous time!! We’ll hear all about it when you get home! Bob Voyage 👋

Marilyn’s from Canada

Susan said...

Ohhhhh....we will all miss you Della! However, I sure can understand that you do not want to be dragging your laptop. So will look forward to hearing all about the trip as well as seeing photos when you return. I also want to congratulate you on your weight loss, you have worked so hard and deserve success! ♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Blods said...

Have a lovely trip Della, you will be missed but look forward to catching up when you return. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your blog. Enjoy, love Blods xx

Rose Sperlonga said...

Looks good so far! :) We'll live through you and your family! Enjoy!

Rose