summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

....I'm leaving, on jet plane...

If you are curious about where we're going, look up Oslofjord Convention Center, Brunstad Christian Church. I will be taking lots of pictures, and perhaps I'll learn to blog on my phone while I'm there.

I just realized I'm leaving in 45 minutes, so I decided to write a little bit first, because I have a hatred of getting ready too early and waiting, but ha, I don't know where that comes from because it's never happened. I like to wait until the last possible second to get ready, then scurry around like a crazy woman.

Emily arrived last night, she stayed for a youth camp in Norway, but doesn't have enough vacation time to stay longer, for the conference the rest of us are going to. So Camille and I picked her up at midnight, got in bed by 1:30, and of course I didn't sleep in this morning. The next time I'll be in a bed is Wednesday night in Norway. Tonight, I'll be wide awake on the plane, watching movies, while the smart people get some sleep.

When we arrive in Oslo, the fun begins. The train route is under construction, so we'll de-train, get on a bus, then re-train. With Ben, Ashley and their two little girls, Margaret and Adrian and little Wulf, and Cam, Abigail, me, and the strollers and car seats, and all the luggage. ugh. After the final train, we are going into the grocery store to get some staples, then taking a taxi to the conference center. By the time we get there, oh dear. I'll be done for. Ready for a nap. But I can't wait to see Evelyn, Sonja, Jon, Char! They are in the apartment we rented there, and said it's lovely. So bye again, and maybe, just maybe I'll write a line or two while we're there!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! I hope you arrived safe and sound. What a horrendous journey with the plane, train, bus and. train and all with little kids. Oh my...you will all be exhausted. I hope the babies slept on the plane 😬 Happy reunion with everyone!

Marilyn from Canada

Donna bogie said...

SAFE TRAVELS!

Donna bogie said...

Safe Travels!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time. I am sure you will!

God bless




Erika