summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

adventures in the sunshine of the finger lakes....


Mirielle, Emily, and I...we spent the entire day together, and what a joy it was. I consider it quite an honor that my daughters would spend time with me like that. We visited a few wineries on Seneca Lake, I was the driver, so I didn't taste, but I bought a few bottles.

The Finger Lakes are so beautiful, glacier formed, deep, clean. Seneca Lake is 618 feet deep! We met a couple of older ladies from Illinois, a retired teacher and a retired prison nurse, best friends. They called themselves Thelma and Louise. They gushed about what a beautiful state New York is. I think people really think it's all city, before they experience it.

We stopped for lunch at a brewery, and no, I didn't sample there either. I might be immature and silly sometimes, but I don't drink and drive. :). But I did buy some peanut butter stout to bring home, for some other time. I don't drink much ever, but sometimes a little bit is nice. Peanut butter beer, oh it's good. It's not sweet at all, just has the essence of peanut butter, and I love it.

Today is Evelyn Joy's birthday. Evelyn is twenty today. She is my eleventh child (Evelyn - eleven), and she lives up to her middle name.



With six of the kids who were in Norway with us, Ev next to me.


Evelyn, granddaughter Anya, and Miss Sonja K., in Norway.


Charlotte Claire, Sonja K., Camille, and Evelyn in a meeting in Norway.

Anyway, it's a lovely rainy day, glad I don't have a really good book. We're heading over to Grandma's house for a visit, if I can get the girls out of bed and moving. We're going to get Evelyn a birthday present today, then come home and make a nice dinner, grilled pork chops and steak, and homemade macaroni and cheese.

But now, another cup of coffee sounds good...


4 comments:

Carol said...

Another cup of coffee sounds better to me than the peanut butter beer, but I would give it a try. Wine is a nice drink any time as long as I like the winery.

Anonymous said...

I have family in Rochester and have been to Kurka Lake and the wineries. Where did u find the peanut butter beer. I’d like to check it out next time I’m in the area.

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, the peanut butter beer is SO good, it's not sweet, just an essence of peanut butter. I am not such a beer lover, but I do like this.
And, do you mean Keuka Lake? We went to some wineries there, I think that is where Dr. Konstantin Frank is located. The peanut butter beer is from a brewery on Seneca Lake, The Scales.

16 blessings'mom said...

Sorry, it's called Scale House, and it's in Hector, NY.