summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 12, 2019

home from Norway...what a trip!



I love the pic of three grandkids looking out the window at the train station.



After our transatlantic journey, the wait at JFK in New York city, almost two hours, to claim little Elise's stroller. It turned out a random guy had it, he may have been going to walk out with it, said he found it and put the wheel back on...hmm. So we started the drive home, at ten at night, our jet lag at it's finest. Camille and I were in the van with Ben and Ashley and Anya and little Elise. Ben drove for an hour or so, and started getting sloppy, just too tired. I was on my phone trying to find a hotel, and oh my, I couldn't string two thoughts together. We ended up staying at a nice place, there was a late night check-in discount.

Camille and I had our own room, our own beds, and it was quite enjoyable. A long hot shower, and a good night's sleep...then I got up super early, took a hot bath, then a shower, got a coffee, brought it back to the room, and turned on HGTV, some Flip or Flop, while Cam took a shower.

There was a pretty decent breakfast buffet, and I decided not to fast, because of getting my money's worth and all.

The drive home was actually quite nice, we stopped for iced coffee, which doesn't really exist in Norway. And we talked, and laughed, and the miles flew by. The girls were SO good on the trip. I didn't hear Anya complain at all on that trip.

And, we're home.

And, in three days, we're going camping in the Adirondacks! In tents!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Now you are home safe and sound after that looooooooong trip. AND you are off again! Have fun fun camping and hopefully the weather is good for you. You wouldn’t catch me out camping in a tent for anything.......been there, done that in the rain with 2 little kids 😬 Give me a posh trailer/ motor home and maybe 🤣 Enjoy!!

Marilyn from Canada

Susan said...

Who is the darling redhead (the seventh photo down)? I try to keep up with all the new grands but there are so many!
Welcome home Della!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I know, tenting, ugh! We started out in tents, when we were first married and having babies, bought a pop-up trailer when we had three little ones, then a 35 ft. camper when we had six. Now that trailer is too rickety to tow, so we are back to tenting. But shh, I have a huge-0 air mattress! I am really really hoping to get another little camper in the next couple of years...the kids will grow up, and Paul and I can go camping with the dogs, ha.

Susan, that little redhead is Elise Rose, Anya Jade's little sister, Ben and Ashley's girls. My late mother had flaming red hair, and Ben has a tint, especially in the beard. The pic under Elise is Anya, and then there is one with both of them with Ben.