summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 10, 2019

saying goodbye to Norway..

We’re leaving here in a few hours. Paul left already, had an early flight. The girls are still sleeping but I’ve been up for hours. Showered and packed and on the second cup of coffee. I plan to make them a good brekky in a bit here. We are take a taxi to the train station, then a two hour train to Oslo, then the eight hour transatlantic flight, then driving five hours home from Nee York City. We might spend the night, get a hotel somewhere outside of the city. We are flying Norwegian Air, low fare seats, which means no meals or snacks or drinks. We weren’t even served water on the trip over! So we’ll buy a few before boat, after second couro, because water is so dangerous. On the plus side, I didn’t get patted down, for once, on the way here. So did you see the picture of my sister Cheryl? She’s been here in Norway too! That’s her grandd granddaughter, Alice Violet, from Australia! Anyway, it’s been a grand trip. Sonja left yesterday for a three week trip to Germany (and the Netherlands!)...blogging in my phone is not fun ha. So bye for now!!!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della..........your pictures have been great and I’ve enjoyed them. You will be bagged by the time you get home......... The air travel part of traveling is always the worst in my opinion. Fancy not even serving water??! As long as you can take your own though with all your snacks etc. Bon Voyage!!

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

That is a lookng trip with the long car drive probably the worst part. Evryone looked so relaxed, wonderful!
Safe travels!
Simone