summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Hey it's good to be back home again...

(cookies Suzanne made...)
...Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend, yes, and hey, it's good to be back home again...(John Denver)

I cannot BELIEVE how good it is to be home again! I was content and thankful and totally loved my time in Salem, and am super thankful I got to meet little Achilles. Being overjoyed at being home can't take away from the good time I had there.

But. I am home.

Jonathan and I had a good trip home.

Chicago airport...
We hadn't eaten much on Friday, me because I didn't want to eat the pizza (I had some chicken wings), so we thought we would have some dinner at the airport before the long trip home. Well, that didn't work out. The concourse our gate was at didn't have anything but a pricey sit down restaurant, and a bar. There was a little store that had four dollar bags of chips, so we just split a Quest bar and had some water. I gave Jon my snacks on the plane, I do not eat Stroopwafel nor pretzels. So Saturday morning, we got home...and I left again, after a nice hot shower and hugs from my little girls, Paul and the dogs. I went to a Christmas gathering at my aunt's house.

My aunt is one of three surviving siblings of my dad. There were 12 children in the family. Now my Aunt Barb is 77 years old, and neither of the two other siblings is close by. So she gets lonely. It wasn't a convenient time to get together, but I had committed to going, I wanted to.

Bob, Casey, Cheryl, me, and Tom. My brother Joe didn't show up, and Billy passed away. With my parents gone now, it's more rare for us to get together, and it was nice to see them all.

Then in the evening, Paul and I went over to our friends' place for a couples' gathering. It was hard to leave here, because Margaret and little Wulf came over, then Abigail and Mirielle, and Evelyn was here, as well as of course Charlotte Claire and Camille. Margaret made a whole dinner and brought it, pulled pineapple chicken, and all the fixings for burritos/wraps.

The girls were still here when we got home, which was nice.




Baby spam! Love this new little guy!


...and then there's Wulf with his "goggles". That's what he calls glasses. It's way too cute.

I made cookie dough today for cut out sugar cookies that I have no intention of eating, ha. I love making them though. I have stacks of presents to sort and wrap, and more shopping to do, and and and. What a wonderful time of the year!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Lovely photos. Hey, have a very Merry Christmas, my new friend. smiles

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 I love that song too.........I love John Denver....I have most of his CD’s I think. It is lovely to get home after time away, but oh....that little baby is just sooooooo darling! So is little Wulf! I’m sure your family were all happy to have you home again. Things don’t roll quite the same when Mum isn’t there. Enjoy you days!

Marilyn from Canada

Marilyn said...

I forgot to ask how Kathryn is doing and is she home now?

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Linda, Merry Christmas!
Marilyn, Kathryn is doing okay. She is one of those fit girls, she worked out right until a few weeks before baby was born, so I think that helps physically. She misses me, but I am so thankful for the times we live in, we can keep in touch so easily. Videos of that baby all the time, pics in all the outfits that seemed so tiny, he swims in them! She is nursing him, and he is doing so well! She went home yesterday...