Well, we got up this fine Monday morning and headed to the hospital so Kathryn could have some tests done to see how baby is doing. Well, baby is doing well. He is all happy in there, placenta functioning well, plenty of amnionic fluid, moving around just dandily. There were no medical concerns, so aside from being 41 weeks pregnant, there was no real reason for an induction.
She did have the option, but decided to let nature take it's course, and hopefully baby will come soon. If he doesn't arrive by Saturday, she is scheduled to begin induction then.
The problem for me: Jonathan and I are flying home on Friday night, getting back on Saturday morning.
I looked into changing our tickets, the cheapest option would be over seven hundred dollars for the both of us, to stay five more days. We would get to meet baby, but, that's seven hundred dollars, and...being gone from home for more days. That part, I could live with...I don't know.
It's rough, being out here all this time, then leaving right before he's born. We are of course hoping he comes soon on his own, but...
We're thinking of going out to eat tonight, Jonathan is on board for that.
I think we're feeling a bit disappointed, were hoping she would be like five centimeters, and baby would be here by tomorrow. But what can you do? He'll come when he's ready.
And we'll make the best of things.