summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

...still here...


We did a bit of grocery shopping, after some meal planning. We ended up coming home with a rotisserie chicken, what a good afternoon snack. We have some steak marinating in fresh-squeezed lime juice and salt and pepper, and some asparagus, for dinner. Tomorrow maybe enchiladas, taco salad the next day. We are leaving on Friday night, unless...well, we MIGHT try to arrange to stay just a few days longer.

As it stands, Kathryn is being induced on Saturday. She might have the baby Sunday, or if he's stubborn, Monday, or even Tuesday. So if we change our tickets until Wednesday, we'll at least get to meet him.

Remember way back when I made the reservations to come out here, and I had that dream that I had to leave right after the baby was born? Little did I know: now I would consider that a GOOD scenario.

I am missing home though. I miss my girls. Miss Camille went on a field trip today, and the superintendent sent out an email that one of the buses on this field trip was in a minor traffic accident. It's a helpless feeling to be so far away, and have things like this happen. She was absolutely fine, she wasn't even on this bus, but still. I didn't know the details from the email.

It's raining here. Dark and damp and chilly, rain.

I have some Christmas gifts to wrap that arrived here in the mail, and I can soon mosey into the kitchen to start dinner, but other than that, I don't know what to do with myself most of the time. It's nice to relax, but...too much of a good thing, ha.

5 comments:

Linda Conley said...

Thanks for stopping my blog...and how many kids do you have?(being silly, I read your profile, smiles)

If your ever near or around Hornell, just let us/me know, seriously. smiles.

Stacet Claire said...

Della
You look absolutely amazing! You look 10 years younger..whatever you are doing, keep it up because you are radiant
Peace and blessings
Stacey

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda: I just might!
Stacet Claire...is that your real name? I love it! Thank you, you are so kind. I feel like I just try and try and I'll never get thin, but am working on not obsessing, just enjoying life and trying to be healthy.

Stacet Claire said...

Well keep it up Della because you are looking healthy and HAPPY!!!
Sending good vibes to your daughter for a quick and safe delivery :)
And yes my name is Stacey Claire Doty
Blessings to all of you!!!

Carol said...

You do look great- maybe it is all of that relaxing. LOL! Seriously, I am sure the excitement of waiting for the baby is all going to be worth it in the end. He will be healthy and beautiful!