summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 6, 2023

a no-pics day...

Pool day...my pool friends were talking about a big local Mennonite store, which I have never been to.  Road trip! Must-do! I've been to the smaller stores around here, you can get oats in bulk and sausage from Pennsylvania, sprinkles galore, and homemade cookies.  Their eggs are cheap, and they sell flowers and plants.  Apparently there is a huge-0 store, one of those I didn't know I needed this much stuff stores.  hmmm.  

I started this post yesterday, but...life happened, aka my girls happened.  With Sonja and Charlotte Claire on break this week, they're around a bit more. Sonja is still busy with homework, and Char worked yesterday and is working today at church, doing painting.  When they plop down to talk, or make a sandwich and turn on an episode of Psych, I close my lap top and enjoy them.

An outing yesterday with Kathryn, Rhys was my buddy.  She's turning two in June, every time I see her she's saying more words.  

I'm not really that big, it's just that Rhys is so tiny, ha.  :)

This fine morning, I have to drive Miss Char to work, then drop my car off to get the front brakes done, then I think I'm helping Kathryn with something.  Camille had her post-surgical appointment, all those bandages unwrapped and snipped off.  Stitches removed, everything looks good.  She's allowed to unbuckle the brace and bend the knee several times a day, but has to keep it braced up while walking.  She's weaning herself off the crutches, was walking around with just one in here yesterday, said she felt like an old granny.   I say, harrumph.  What's wrong with an old granny?

After her appointment the other day, I went into Aldi for a ham, 40 pounds of potatoes, 7 jars of applesauce, some apples, ect., for our Sunday dinner at church, Easter dinner for around 75 people. Emily bought a ham too, I need to get three more.  (a lot of the 75 are children).  We'll get some nice coffee, rolls, asparagus, and we'll have cookies/cinnamon rolls and pink milk for the kids when they get there.  There's going to be a huge egg hunt, which the older kids help with for the littler ones.  

After all this fun, the family is coming over here for Paul's birthday.  Mariel's making a carrot cake, and I'm making a carrot cake, just because we've been talking about carrot cakes...

Ah well....short post, have to make Charlotte's coffee...can you believe she's almost seventeen?  She's chomping to get her driver's license:  time, slow down!!!!!  (I make her coffee because...I'm nice.:))


1 comment:

Deb said...

I've been thinking about carrot cake a lot lately. One of the few Youtubers I still watch made one from scratch the other day. I'd be more likely to just make a box mix but the boys aren't fond of carrot cake and it's too much for just hubby and I so I almost never make cakes anymore. But dang, yeah, I've been craving carrot cake recently!

All the church activities always sound so fun. Just to be involved in something sounds fun to me these days. I'm not a church-goer but I admit, the past few years I've been thinking about starting....