summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

in the middle of the sunshine....

 

Today, pretty nice...tomorrow, perfect, Friday, too hot...:)
I went with Kathryn to Walmart, she needed some diapers.  Rhys needed a chocolate bunny. It was 50% off.  What?!  She needed it!
This fine morning, I'm off to the pool, then we're going to the zoo...the grandkids and their mamas, and some friends with their little ones...then, the zoo is coming here!  I've got burgers and hot dogs, and lots of patience.  Well, I don't exactly have the patience yet, but I'll be praying for some extra, and God is good.  I'm glad, so very glad, that the grandkids come over and revive this house, liven it up.  I mean, sitting on the deck in the sun all by myself, planting some bulbs, getting that grass seed in, spray painting the chairs and that heat register for the house we're working on...all sounds lovely, but I can do that tomorrow.

I haven't heard back from the cardiologist about the heart monitor results yet.  My back still hurts, but it's not always awful, just in fits and starts...I'm falling apart, but not giving up, if that makes sense.  The pool is magic, I'm super thankful I get to go.   I'm trying to be much more serious about avoiding sugar, I think that'll really help me feel better.  The chocolate is like a siren, isn't it?  ugh.  :).  Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've been pretty good with the Easter candy that's sitting just across the room from me. I'll grab 3 little jelly beans once, maybe twice a day, and try to call it quits there. I think it's best to get it out of here though so I sent a ziploc bag full of M&Ms and jelly beans along with hubby to work. Whether he munches it himself or just sets it out on the breakroom table, at least it's not here. LOL

My mom's new doctor yesterday said she has a slight heart murmur. Her previous doctor had never mentioned anything like that. This new doctor said it's so faint that given her age and lack of symptoms, he's not worried about it at this point. Well that's good, but still a bit of a shock to hear.

Ah, the joys of getting old.

Terri D said...

I always enjoy my visits here with you!! Hump Day is behind us! Have a blessed rest of the week!!